ROM Hack How do I play a bought dumped game online?

VandalCrown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, dumped the game, and then tried to play online, but it said this cart isn't compatible with online services.

What gives? Am I missing something?

If you have suggestions, I'm open, but I work on a MacBook Air and don't have access to Microsoft software. You know, to swap headers and such :/

Please halp for a lowly Apple user D: I want to rescue people on missions and I really want to play Final Fantasy Explorers in February with allies!

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I bought Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, dumped the game, and then tried to play online, but it said this cart isn't compatible with online services.

What gives? Am I missing something?

If you have suggestions, I'm open, but I work on a MacBook Air and don't have access to Microsoft software. You know, to swap headers and such :/

Please halp for a lowly Apple user D: I want to rescue people on missions and I really want to play Final Fantasy Explorers in February with allies!

If you dumped it using gateway, the header should already be there.

Just make sure it's renamed to .3DZ

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Pedeadstrian,
Reactions: Queno138

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you dumped it using gateway, the header should already be there.

Just make sure it's renamed to .3DZ
This. Only games renamed to .3dz can be used online. This is because originally Gateway didn't have online support and in order to add online support they had to add special headers dumped from real carts, but that breaks existing saves. So the .3ds extension was kept as it is to keep compatibility with existing saves, and the .3dz extension was introduced for online compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back