ROM Hack How do I move my emuNAND to sysNAND?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a system transfer to another 3DS running emuNAND and now I'm wondering if I can take the backup from the emuNAND and load it to sysNAND.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I did a system transfer to another 3DS running emuNAND and now I'm wondering if I can take the backup from the emuNAND and load it to sysNAND.
Only and I mean ONLY ( Just making it clear. ) if your EmuNand backup is the same version as the SysNand and from the same system. You'll brick your console otherwise.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you downgrade the emuNAND to match the sysNAND without injecting a NAND backup?

Can I use sysupdater on emuNAND? Or is there also the option to install system cia's with devmenu?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All I want is the system transfer I made to my emuNAND to go to my sysNAND instead.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can you downgrade the emuNAND to match the sysNAND without injecting a NAND backup?
Please just remember before doing this, that the EmuNand backup MUST be from the same console you're working with. You'll brick it otherwise.
Okay. There is a way to downgrade the EmuNand on the system...:
1: You need the EXACT same version update files from a certain ISO 3DS site.
2: SysUpdater and DevMode with RxTools. Do not do this downgrade process in GW mode. ( It will brick )
So, from what you're saying on the first post, you have a EmuNand backup. Is this EmuNand backup from the same console you're trying to restore to SysNand...?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes it's the same so how do I go about putting the system transfer that went on my emuNAND to my sysNAND?
Alright, you said you want to do it without a NAND injection...? I'm quite sure that's not possible just yet. You must have access to using a NAND injection otherwise you can't do this just yet. Your system's encryption is unique and must be done through an injection if it's all on one console. HOWEVER; you can just use a system transfer on 2 different ( O3DS + O3DS or N3DS +N3DS ) to get the EmuNand to a SysNand on another console.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I've made a backup of my emuNAND and my sysNAND. Also my firmware is at 9.2.0-12 and the only available firmware for 9.2 is with -20 which means I need to update the sysNAND to 9.2.0-20 before downgrading the emuNAND and injecting it into the sysNAND so they properly match. What do I do from here to get updated? I have the .cia folder with 9.2.0-20 and sysUpdater but how do I properly use it so I dont cause a brick. I'm just trying to be as safe as I can before proceeding.

D

Deleted-236924

Please just remember before doing this, that the EmuNand backup MUST be from the same console you're working with. You'll brick it otherwise.
Okay. There is a way to downgrade the EmuNand on the system...:
1: You need the EXACT same version update files from a certain ISO 3DS site.
2: SysUpdater and DevMode with RxTools. Do not do this downgrade process in GW mode. ( It will brick )
So, from what you're saying on the first post, you have a EmuNand backup. Is this EmuNand backup from the same console you're trying to restore to SysNand...?
Devmode is strictly for sysnand.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I attempted to downgrade my emuNAND from 10.3 to 9.2 using sysUpdater. After it finished it rebooted so after various attempts to access the emuNAND it seemed to have bricked, luckily I have made a backup before going through with the downgrade. How do I restore this backup? After I restore the backup what other options should I use to downgrade the firmware?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever formatting Gateway did to my SD card is responsible for my 3DS not reading my files on the SD. How can I restore this?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I inject my emuNAND back to my system only the folders show up. All the files that belong to the SD card are there, was there anything else I need to do?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The lack of responses is daunting. Have I lost everything for good despite having backups? Nothing I seem to do is making the data on my SD card get recognized by the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning