How do I move my emuNAND to sysNAND?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by RemixDeluxe, Dec 15, 2015.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I did a system transfer to another 3DS running emuNAND and now I'm wondering if I can take the backup from the emuNAND and load it to sysNAND.

2. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    Only and I mean ONLY ( Just making it clear. ) if your EmuNand backup is the same version as the SysNand and from the same system. You'll brick your console otherwise.

3. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Can you downgrade the emuNAND to match the sysNAND without injecting a NAND backup?

Can I use sysupdater on emuNAND? Or is there also the option to install system cia's with devmenu?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

All I want is the system transfer I made to my emuNAND to go to my sysNAND instead.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe, Dec 15, 2015
  4. Ruby Gloom

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    Please just remember before doing this, that the EmuNand backup MUST be from the same console you're working with. You'll brick it otherwise.
    Okay. There is a way to downgrade the EmuNand on the system...:
    1: You need the EXACT same version update files from a certain ISO 3DS site.
    2: SysUpdater and DevMode with RxTools. Do not do this downgrade process in GW mode. ( It will brick )
    So, from what you're saying on the first post, you have a EmuNand backup. Is this EmuNand backup from the same console you're trying to restore to SysNand...?

5. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Yes it's the same so how do I go about putting the system transfer that went on my emuNAND to my sysNAND?

6. Ruby Gloom

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    Alright, you said you want to do it without a NAND injection...? I'm quite sure that's not possible just yet. You must have access to using a NAND injection otherwise you can't do this just yet. Your system's encryption is unique and must be done through an injection if it's all on one console. HOWEVER; you can just use a system transfer on 2 different ( O3DS + O3DS or N3DS +N3DS ) to get the EmuNand to a SysNand on another console.

7. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Last edited by RemixDeluxe, Dec 16, 2015
  8. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Ok I've made a backup of my emuNAND and my sysNAND. Also my firmware is at 9.2.0-12 and the only available firmware for 9.2 is with -20 which means I need to update the sysNAND to 9.2.0-20 before downgrading the emuNAND and injecting it into the sysNAND so they properly match. What do I do from here to get updated? I have the .cia folder with 9.2.0-20 and sysUpdater but how do I properly use it so I dont cause a brick. I'm just trying to be as safe as I can before proceeding.

9. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Devmode is strictly for sysnand.

10. Ruby Gloom

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    Seriously...? I used it to downgrade my EmuNand once. ( I think...? )

11. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    So I attempted to downgrade my emuNAND from 10.3 to 9.2 using sysUpdater. After it finished it rebooted so after various attempts to access the emuNAND it seemed to have bricked, luckily I have made a backup before going through with the downgrade. How do I restore this backup? After I restore the backup what other options should I use to downgrade the firmware?

12. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    So I restored my emuNAND but everything from the system transfer is gone. How do I get it all back?

13. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Whatever formatting Gateway did to my SD card is responsible for my 3DS not reading my files on the SD. How can I restore this?

14. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Every time I inject my emuNAND back to my system only the folders show up. All the files that belong to the SD card are there, was there anything else I need to do?

15. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    The lack of responses is daunting. Have I lost everything for good despite having backups? Nothing I seem to do is making the data on my SD card get recognized by the 3DS.