How do I move homebrew apps from the HBL to the Wii menu? I've seen alot of tutorials and they all use WAD Manager but they don't work for me.

Lemondemonforever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I move the HBL apps to the Wii menu, because I've tried all the tutorials but they don't work, always gets a dsl error, is there any other way I can do it? Please? Thanks! (I have a virgin wii btw)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing I can think of the bought is crap channel creator, but I don't know if it makes forwarders for hbc apps.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just remember to have BootMii in boot2 (if possible) and Priiloader installed before installing any channels (need some protection for the case of banner brick).

Reactions: XFlak and godreborn

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
What wad manager you using? And please post a syscheck
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Depending on the state of your syscheck we should polish off your softmods if necessary. You can use modmii, just drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will analyze it and tell u if any updates are recommended, and download the necessary files and apps and generate a custom guide for u to follow

It will likely also provide you with yawmm, a recommended wad manager, it works without requiring a cios using ahbprot or noiosreload tags in its meta.xml, coupled with a newer version of the HBC, should allow u to install WADs and resolve the errors you're seeing. Yawmm also has extra brick protection built in it to prevent you from installing or uninstalling some wads that could lead to brick.

On the subject, you should be careful what wads you install and make sure you have adequate protections in place before hand, which means bootmii, nand backup, and priiloader. You can find a bunch of solid forwarder channels here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/x-flaks-top-wii-channels.205622/
At the bottom of the first post is a link to a dozen or so other threads where you can find other great forwarder channels

Edit: crap channel creator (CCC) has been rebranded and updated, it's now called Wii Game Shortcut Creator. This is used to create forwarder channels that launch directly into a game you have saved to your hard drive or SD card. Doesn't sound like this is what you were after though, as you were talking about "moving" apps from the homebrew channel/launcher to the main system menu

Edit2: you can create/modify forwarder channels as well, which was mentioned somewhere above, but I don't think this is what you were after either. If you want more info on how to customize and make your own unique channels just say the word...

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: godreborn

Lemondemonforever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What wad manager you using? And please post a syscheck
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Depending on the state of your syscheck we should polish off your softmods if necessary. You can use modmii, just drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will analyze it and tell u if any updates are recommended, and download the necessary files and apps and generate a custom guide for u to follow

It will likely also provide you with yawmm, a recommended wad manager, it works without requiring a cios using ahbprot or noiosreload tags in its meta.xml, coupled with a newer version of the HBC, should allow u to install WADs and resolve the errors you're seeing. Yawmm also has extra brick protection built in it to prevent you from installing or uninstalling some wads that could lead to brick.

On the subject, you should be careful what wads you install and make sure you have adequate protections in place before hand, which means bootmii, nand backup, and priiloader. You can find a bunch of solid forwarder channels here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/x-flaks-top-wii-channels.205622/
At the bottom of the first post is a link to a dozen or so other threads where you can find other great forwarder channels

Edit: crap channel creator (CCC) has been rebranded and updated, it's now called Wii Game Shortcut Creator. This is used to create forwarder channels that launch directly into a game you have saved to your hard drive or SD card. Doesn't sound like this is what you were after though, as you were talking about "moving" apps from the homebrew channel/launcher to the main system menu

Edit2: you can create/modify forwarder channels as well, which was mentioned somewhere above, but I don't think this is what you were after either. If you want more info on how to customize and make your own unique channels just say the word...
I am using YAWMM and here is the syscheck:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome