Hacking How do I merge .Iso files?

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I tried backing up my copy of Super Paper Mario and as I don't have wireless at the moment I split it into 5 files onto my SD card.

Now I have 5 .ISO files but I don't know how to turn them into a single file.

I believe I saw a Command Prompt command to do this, but I've been searching all day and found nothing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the max FAT32 size was 2Gb? Anyways, I should be ok as it's formatted as NTFS.
biggrin.gif

kornsk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download imgburn if you dont have it and thers a option labbeled create image file from files/folders choose your files make sure there in order and it will build it to a .iso file

gamelover2101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks, I am having trouble getting the complete iso that I built using the Imgburn software method to work. I get a error message saying that the iso is incomplete or damaged or something every time I try to launch it in dolphin. Also when I try the command prompt method of joining iso parts together (after ripping my wii disc on my my with Cleanrip and an sd card) it doesn't work. This is exactly what I enter:copy /b SF8E01.part0.iso+SF8E01.part1.iso+SF8E01.part2.iso+SF8E01.part3.iso+SF8E01.part4.iso SF8E01.iso DonkeyKongCountry.iso (and also tried SF8E01.iso) and it says it cannot find it. Someone please help.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks, I am having trouble getting the complete iso that I built using the Imgburn software method to work. I get a error message saying that the iso is incomplete or damaged or something every time I try to launch it in dolphin. Also when I try the command prompt method of joining iso parts together (after ripping my wii disc on my my with Cleanrip and an sd card) it doesn't work. This is exactly what I enter:copy /b SF8E01.part0.iso+SF8E01.part1.iso+SF8E01.part2.iso+SF8E01.part3.iso+SF8E01.part4.iso SF8E01.iso DonkeyKongCountry.iso (and also tried SF8E01.iso) and it says it cannot find it. Someone please help.
Such old. Very necro. Wow.

Imgburn cannot be used to rip Wii discs.
The "copy /b" method will fail on FAT32 drives.
That command creates the result ISO in the same place as the parts, so it'll be trying to make a 4GB+ file on FAT32.

gamelover2101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I am new at this, I realized, in the command prompt I didn't navigate to where my iso parts were stored first. Even after doing that first it doesn't work and asks ("More?")

gamelover2101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my files on disk E while the OS is on C:/
Just make sure they're not on a removable disk, that may cause troubles.

Thanks. I don't understand why the command isn't being accepted. What exactly did you do to successfully combine the parts my friend?

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks. I don't understand why the command isn't being accepted. What exactly did you do to successfully combine the parts my friend?

the copy /b method above.
However, you do have to change the directory of the cmd to where your files existed
Say, the cmd starts at C:\users\user> , while your files are at E:/SP2E01/MERGE
You'll first type "E:", which changes your directory to E:\>
then you type "cd sp2e01/merge" UPPER/LOWER CASE AND /\ DOESN'T MATTER FOR ME. and the display should change to E:/SP2E01/MERGE>
(WHATEVER YOU DO, MAKE THE DISPLAYED DIRECTORY TO WHERE YOUR FILES ARE,then use the copy /b)
You should be good to go!:)

gamelover2101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the copy /b method above.
However, you do have to change the directory of the cmd to where your files existed
Say, the cmd starts at C:\users\user> , while your files are at E:/SP2E01/MERGE
You'll first type "E:", which changes your directory to E:\>
then you type "cd sp2e01/merge" UPPER/LOWER CASE AND /\ DOESN'T MATTER FOR ME. and the display should change to E:/SP2E01/MERGE>
(WHATEVER YOU DO, MAKE THE DISPLAYED DIRECTORY TO WHERE YOUR FILES ARE,then use the copy /b)
You should be good to go!:)

Thanks for the reply. I also have mine on the E drive but when I try to navigate to that directory it gives me a message saying it is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

MrMagicMouse24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used the command copy /b part1.iso + part2.iso + part3.iso + part4.iso + part5.iso complete_game.iso and when i enter it it just says "System cannot find the file specified" someone please help?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
copy /b SF8E01.part0.iso+SF8E01.part1.iso+SF8E01.part2.iso+SF8E01.part3.iso+SF8E01.part4.iso SF8E01.iso DonkeyKongCountry.iso

In this particular command, you're specifying two output ISO files not just one. Try again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: