Hacking How do I make the Rock Band Instruments work properly?

nedthehead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm lost when it comes to making the Rock Band instruments work. I have a legit copy of Rock Band 1, and backup copies of Track Pack 2, and the ACDC Track Pack. On both of the backup Track Packs, the guitar and drums do not work. The microphone does, but nothing else.
I did some research and found this threadL
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117806

However, I have the 0.3 Gamma Backup Launcher installed, and have achieved near perfect compatibility with it.

My questions are:

1: Must I switch to SoftChip to make Rock Band backups work properly?
2: Can someone give me correct instructions to make the game work properly?

Thank you in advance!

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
either you run it from softchip.

but need to add IOS37 to ethier 232 for Softchip
or add IOS37 to 289 for gamma

nedthehead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help! It pointed me in the right direction, but I am still stuck with a new problem.

After following all of the steps, putting in my Backup Disc, and launching the "Rock Band Launcher" Channel, the channel gives me an error message. The error message flies by really fast, but says something about the DIP Module, and my custom IOS as being installed as 228. I definitely installed the IOS as IOS 36 on 248. Then, that message goes away and I am left with a code dump on my screen, at which point, the Wii freezes, and I must manually turn off the power (hard reset).

Is there a solution for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended