how do i make partitions on my sd/usb?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by baffle-boy, Sep 3, 2009.

Sep 3, 2009
  1. baffle-boy
    OP

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i want to be able to have all my homebrew related stuff on a 2gig FAT 32 partition and my isos/backup loader on a wbfs partition on the other 2gigs on my sdhc. i normally put my micro sd in a microsd to sd adapter for stuff and into a usb reader for transfering files from my computer. i tried downloading a free trial of a partition program, but the trial vrsion didnt allow large enough partitions... so i got a freeware program but it acts like my card isnt there... so im wondering how to do this, because i dont want to have 2 cards just so i can have homebrew and isos. also wbfs isnt recognized by my xp so how would i copy an iso in there?? (i formatted it in the ub loader) its all so confusing! [​IMG]

2. Spidy1000

Member Spidy1000 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Just use windows disc manager to partition the card. Get wbfs manager 3.01 and use that to format the partition for wbfs. Make sure all partitions are primary. Also use wbfs manager 3.01 to put games on your card, altough i doubt that 2 gig will hold a lot off games (maybe 4 if they are small games).
    Windows is not capable to read wbfs partitions, so you will always need a program like wbfs manager for that.

PS. you could have found this info just by using the search option, this topic has been discussed o lot off times already

3. baffle-boy
    OP

Canada
    i searched, TRUST ME. i guess i used the wrong keywords... but ummm where is windows disk manager some google results pointed me to it, but i cant find it on my computer (i assume it comes with xp?)

4. Spidy1000

Member Spidy1000 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands

Control panel --> administrator tools --> computer management

5. oggzee

Member oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Slovenia
    Windows does not allow you to partition SD cards and USB thumb drives.
    You will need to use gparted livecd or similar tools.
    Also make sure FAT partition is the first one and primary or it will not be visible in windows.

6. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
  7. baffle-boy
    OP

Canada
    thanks a lot!

8. sk0ld

Member sk0ld GBAtemp Regular

United States