How do i make my downloads faster?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by JJBro1, Dec 5, 2008.

1. JJBro1
    OP

JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2008
    United States
    It takes FOREVER to download something from the marketplace, and it doesn't take that long for my friend to download anything including 36 demos. Is there a way to make the downloads faster like perhaps opening up a port or something similar?

2. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    Buy new Internets.

3. Sir-Fritz

Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

May 4, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ever thought he has faster internet?

4. nin10do

nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2007
    Taiwan
    UK
    do you both have the same isp? maybe yours throttles.

5. cardyology

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2007
    Chorley Uk
    Marketplace is frustratingly slow.

I grabbed the Halo Wars Trailer last night, I have 20 meg cable broadband now, sppedtest gives me 20,800kbps downstream.

The halo wars trailer was ~100 meg & it took 20 mins to download. I can download 7 gig in 45 mins through usenet. But through XBL 100meg takes 20 mins?

I havnt opened any ports or anything. I usually just queue stuff up n leave it to download in the background. I suppose its a nice surprise when it says "xxxxxxx has finished downloading"

6. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    sucks doesn't it? and they make us pay for this. hell, even our inbox has a limit of like 30 messages and we don't get an outbox. ms stop being cheap skates.

7. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    Lol there is no inbox limit of 30, who told you that??? And y would you need an outbox when the messages get sent instantly???? I have a 8mbps connection yet still download from Marketplace slow as hell. Maybe you could try downloading late at nite when the servers aren't so bogged down?

8. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    i was just guessing but there's a limit of around that i think. outbox would be good so we can see what we've sent. i know it would have been useful to me on a number of occasions.