Gaming how do I make Boom Blox(us) work on wii jap 3.2j?

kokcona

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I burned without any patch. It will freez in black screen when I press start on wii menu.
then I patched with wiifrii 2.3b and when I put it in wii it show like "? disc".
after that I patched with wglp and wiifrii, and again it show "? disc"

I read in http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Wii...ty_List:_NTSC-J
and I don't care about update or duplicate channels so I didn't use wbb but It can't even show the game title on wii menu when patched with wiifrii 2.3b or wglp.
any help?

hai_haifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hhheeelllppp

i have download both of the boom blox of PAL and NTSC-U

I HAVE JAP WII.
with D2CKEY

burned it on TDK DVD, with nero..
using brick block 1.3 wnd rigfrii 1.2

when putting it in my wii AND start the game black screen appear.

is anyone can help???

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no need for other programs except for wiifrii, just use that to patch it to jap vidmodes
(not the same as regionfrii etc)

oli84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
no need for other programs except for wiifrii, just use that to patch it to jap vidmodes

Can you show me how this is done? I am having trouble figuring out what programs are available, and new to the wii scene.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oli84 said:
manias said:

Can you show me how this is done? I am having trouble figuring out what programs are available, and new to the wii scene.
if you have a US wii then just get the US version of boom blox and don't modify it!
if you have a jap wii use http://wiinewz.com/forums/nintendo-news/67...ifrii-2-3b.html to patch the video modes to jap

gecko OS doesn't fix the video modes afaik, but it is required to boot discs made with wiifrii thru gecko os on wii 3.3 and above. This is probably kokcona's problem

oli84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
oli84 said:
manias said:

if you have a US wii then just get the US version of boom blox and don't modify it!
if you have a jap wii use http://wiinewz.com/forums/nintendo-news/67...ifrii-2-3b.html to patch the video modes to jap

gecko OS doesn't fix the video modes afaik, but it is required to boot discs made with wiifrii thru gecko os on wii 3.3 and above. This is probably kokcona's problem

Have a jap wii which is giving me black screen error burning it directly. Tried using wiifrii (did NTSC-U to NTSC-J change) but did not work. So what I will do is try the method on piratebay.org for the boom blox torrent. Let me post it for others:

"Seems like someone changed the PAL version and posted this since it's got the same problems as the PAL version that you will get a "black screen" only at least on a NTSC-J wii. To fix it change the main.dol settings to: 1) Remove error 001 2) Set Console Language to "EN" 2) Advance in Video mode changer and change everything to this order:

NTSC (interlaced)/NTSC 480i
NTSC (progressive)/NTSC 480i
MPAL (interlaced)
PAL (interlaced)/PAL 576i
PAL60 (interlaced)/PAL 480i
PAL60 (progressive)/PAL 480i
NTSC(interlaced)/NTSC 480i

I also wiiblocked it and regionfii it to US

After that no more black screen
Might be able to do it another way but that's what did it for me "

Will see if this works. Get GWP (if you dont know what it stands for just google and add "wii" to the search term)

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
strange.. ntsc (interlaced) should be the exact same as ntsc480i, as in US 480i not ntscJ 480i

but hope it works
wink.gif
perhaps wiifrii's jap settings r bugged

oli84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, did not work....
frown.gif

So not sure where to go from here.

Question though, do I have to trucha sign this after making the changes to the ISO as above?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Certified Nin10yearold (tm)