1. sehyurfuhyfrws

OP sehyurfuhyfrws Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, I wanted to play the Metroid Prime trilogy, but the USB stick didn't allow it because FAT32 doesn't allow files over 4GB. How can I put it on there anyway? Thanks! Sorry if someone's probably said this before.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Wii backup manager should split the file.

alexander1970 and wicksand420 like this.
  3. alexander1970

alexander1970 Jodelhoiti....

Austria
    Hello. 1111smiley_emoticons_seb_zylinder.gif
    Welcome to the Wii Section.

Please avoid to copy Games manually to the USB Device.As our Expert @godreborn advises,please always use the
    WiiBackup Manager.
    http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/index.html

Maybe another good Advice,please avoid USB Sticks and use maybe instead a HDD with Power Supply.
    Why ? Most of these USB "Devices" have massive Issues and Troubles when it comes to the write Cycle.
    It has to do with some of the modified IOSes.
    They simply not working reliable,it includes all Types of USB Sticks/Pen Drives/Thumb Drives/Flash Drives.
    In the worst Case,they STOP working without Warning in one Second to another.
    There are maybe a little Percentage of these Devices which MAYBE works correctly and reliable.

Good Luck
    Thank you.:)

jeannotte and godreborn like this.
  4. Aeredren

Aeredren Member
    Newcomer

France
    If you are not on windows or do not want to use Wii Backup Manager for any reasons, just find something to cut the file in <4GB pieces.
    (I tried with file cuts anywhere and it seem to work ^^')

Name the fragment in order as :
    • RM3P01.wbfs
    • RM3P01.wbf1
    • RM3P01.wbf2
    I assume you have the pal version, but if it is the NTSC replace RM3P01 by RM3J01. (Given the size of the game you should not have more than 2 shards)

In linux there is the cut command line which could do the work, but I assume there is plenty of software that can do something as simple as cut a file in 2.

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  5. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    Just a pedantic note but changing the name of the game to say US instead of EUR in game info way does not make the EUR version to US.

Also, [XXX]P01 is EUR, [XXX]E01 is US and [XXX]J01 is Japan/Asia markets

Like said this is a pedantic post and more of making fun of nintendo having such a huge logic in their product codes pointing out to different regions.

jeannotte likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - FAT32, drive,