How do I load up Mario Kart8 mods on a CBHC'd Wii U?

CinnamonMina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[UPDATE]

Issue is solved, title ID was wrong, don't trust CTRL + F Searching

Been having so much trouble getting any help with this, its really annoying.

Anyway, can someone help me with this? I wanted to load a simple model swap

Last edited by CinnamonMina,

CinnamonMina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need sdcafiine in order to load mods from your sd card unless youbeant a permanent change in which case you would ftp the mod file in question directly into the installed game files..... Sdcafiine is alot more friendly and safer however!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sdcafiine.471360/
The issue with sdcafiine is that it doesn't work out of the box on a cbhc Wii U , hence why I'm asking here

CinnamonMina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need sdcafiine in order to load mods from your sd card unless youbeant a permanent change in which case you would ftp the mod file in question directly into the installed game files..... Sdcafiine is alot more friendly and safer however!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sdcafiine.471360/
I dont want a permanent change, i jsut want to load a mod

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sdcaffine won't be a permanent change. if it's not working on cbhc (never tried using it with this), try mocha, but have the config file have syshax=1 or it will black screen when you exit something.

Reactions: E1ite007

CinnamonMina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sdcaffine won't be a permanent change. if it's not working on cbhc (never tried using it with this), try mocha, but have the config file have syshax=1 or it will black screen when you exit something.
I attempted to load up Mocha CFW ( THe one available on the HB store) and then loaded SDcafiine and that softlocked the WIi U

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure then. I know @MikaDubbz has used that app to test wii u themes without actually ftp'ing them over. I've never tried the app. did it soft lock after loading the app or was it when loading Mario Kart?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use cbhc and sdcafiine all the time however I do autoboot straight to cfw system menu and load sdcafiine from hbl after. Never used Mocha I'm afraid.

CinnamonMina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use cbhc and sdcafiine all the time however I do autoboot straight to cfw system menu and load sdcafiine from hbl after. Never used Mocha I'm afraid.
wdym by "CFW System Menu"? just letting it autoboot to the system menu or loading a fw.img from the sd?

CinnamonMina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that doesn't sound right. I thought you had to have the exact directory listing in the path.
Wdym?

within the modpack folder:
D:\sdcafiine\0005000C1010EC00\RosalinaSwimwear\content\ui\cmn\INJECT INTO common.szs\(files)
D:\sdcafiine\0005000C1010EC00\RosalinaSwimwear\content\ui\cmn\INJECT INTO menu.szs\(files)
D:\sdcafiine\0005000C1010EC00\RosalinaSwimwear\content\driver\(file)

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Be sure the mod file is only titled Rosalina and take away the swimwear.

As you are replacing the game file when it's loaded by the game, it will only look for the original file name ie Rosalina, in it's original location however sdcafiine will load the modded file from sd instead so naming and correct structure is key.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, you could always overwrite the files. games are in usb/sys/title/50000/title id/ then probably content as there should be a code, content, and meta folder. you can get content id from wii u brew or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.