How do I load up Mario Kart8 mods on a CBHC'd Wii U?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But cbhc and haxchi are technically the same? Or am i wrong? CBHC is haxchi, but coldbooted.
This has always been my understanding, I mean it's right there in the name: ColdBoot HaxChi.

Anyway, I've only ever come across one feature that CBHC couldn't handle, don't recall what it was (it was pretty trivial as I recall), but launching mocha allowed me to do it, I believe that was the first and only time I ever needed to use mocha. Everything else I've ever thrown at the Wii U from the modding scene, CBHC has been able to handle it.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sdcafiine just doesn't work for some reason, I tried reinstalling Haxchi and still nothing
Yeah, the problem almost definitely has to do with how you've structured your modpack files on your sdcard. A file in the wrong place or a folder misnamed will cause your modpacks to not work, even though you may be able to select the modpack when you launch the game if you got the start of the folder structure properly structured.

CinnamonMina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the problem almost definitely has to do with how you've structured your modpack files on your sdcard. A file in the wrong place or a folder misnamed will cause your modpacks to not work, even though you may be able to select the modpack when you launch the game if you got the start of the folder structure properly structured.
i posted the file structure earlier in the thread'

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i posted the file structure earlier in the thread'
Yeah I saw, there are a few things you're doing wrong there. I'm on a phone at work, so I don't have the time or patience to explain everything you're doing wrong. But I might suggest you download my Mario Kart 8 modpacks from the link in my signature (and then from the link in the description of the YouTube video linked there). Drag and drop any of those modpacks right in your sdcard and you'll see how a modpack should load, and you can look through the file structures in my modpacks to see the mistakes you're making here.

CinnamonMina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: got it to load but crashes when loading into a track, my big mistake was using CTRL + F to Find "MARIO KART 8"on a title database and not pay attention to the sections, the id on the folder was the DLC ID. im glad it loads it but it doesn't really matter when the mod makes the Wii U Crash

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
they're obviously not the same, no. I've had issues with a few things with cbhc, and mocha worked without issues, just have to put syshaxxml=1.
Actually, it is.
CBHC just modifies system.xml to make Haxchi launch every single time the console boots. The executable is (afak) the same as regular Haxchi, as I didn't find any differences between one and other.
But you're right, somethings that worked for Mocha are not designed to work on regular Haxchi, and consequently, in CBHC.

I've tried SDCaffiine in CBHC and it works correctly, but in Mario Kart 8 tends to crash with too many mods. SDCaffiine is actually designed to work with both Mocha and Haxchi, so I dunno why OP cannot make it work.

CinnamonMina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it is.
CBHC just modifies system.xml to make Haxchi launch every single time the console boots. The executable is (afak) the same as regular Haxchi, as I didn't find any differences between one and other.
But you're right, somethings that worked for Mocha are not designed to work on regular Haxchi, and consequently, in CBHC.

I've tried SDCaffiine in CBHC and it works correctly, but in Mario Kart 8 tends to crash with too many mods. SDCaffiine is actually designed to work with both Mocha and Haxchi, so I dunno why OP cannot make it work.
I was able to load a mod, it just crashes when starting a cup though

also for some reason, the modder just left the png files of the character icons and left the user deal with it, which is dumb asf

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was able to load a mod, it just crashes when starting a cup though

also for some reason, the modder just left the png files of the character icons and left the user deal with it, which is dumb asf
Could you share the mod you're trying to load?
Maybe the mod is incompatible with the last version of Mario Kart 8.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this may not work completely on haxchi (not sure), but here's one of the apps that had some problems for me as well as someone else (though it was only one option that had issues, and I forgot what it was):

https://github.com/Ryuzaki-MrL/savemii

also, I had some issues installing indexiine on cbhc, but I'm not sure if there was a way around it. no issues on mocha.
Never had an issue with SaveMii, and you shouldn't install Indexiine over CBHC neither the other way.
Indexiine is a way to load Mocha, and if you already are running Haxchi, it will not work correctly.

Could you share an image of how your SDCaffiine folder looks?
The mod looks correctly and I was able to load it in my Wii U, so I doubt is the mod being the problem.

CinnamonMina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had an issue with SaveMii, and you shouldn't install Indexiine over CBHC neither the other way.
Indexiine is a way to load Mocha, and if you already are running Haxchi, it will not work correctly.

Could you share an image of how your SDCaffiine folder looks?
The mod looks correctly and I was able to load it in my Wii U, so I doubt is the mod being the problem.
did you start a cup? also here
1636604536574.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@E1ite007 , I'm going to be honest with you. your replies made me mad, mad enough that I almost put you on my ignore list. I'm not an idiot when it comes to the wii u, but I also don't know everything about it either. I don't know what you mean about indexiine and cbhc, as indexiine works with it. it's a good backup to have, because I uninstalled cbhc a couple of times a few months ago, in order to test if you could still play the cbhc title, which you can, and I used indexiine to get back into the homebrew launcher each time.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this is done because each racer's icons have to be added into the same file, so if you have multiple new racers in your modpack, you would need to add those images to the same file, they actually do that for your convenience to ensure each new racer you add are all properly reflected within the game.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ