Gaming How do i load non iso/ load eboot?

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I have the current CFW 3 what ever and have played games this whole time. Now i recently got a back up but it was not a iso or cso. When unzipped (the rar) it has a folder labeled PSP_Game and then a UMD_Data file then inside the psp game folder it has sys dir/ usr dir and a bunch of files. In sys dir or usr has eboot , etc. And all those files. I tried renaming the top folder to a short name and dumped onto the psp but it doesnt show up. What do i have to do?
frown.gif

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you extracted the iso file. Winrar is able to extract .iso files as archives. If it is a .rar, try renaming it to .iso. If that doesn't work, use UMDGen to make a new iso file, and place the PSP_Game folder and UMD_Data.bin into the root of the new iso.

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, i am stupid....... you were right lol. I feel pretty stupid for knowing so much on computers and building them. I will just blame my laptop
tongue.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I noticed that too, how sometimes ISO files will be stored in RAR/ZIP files and will look just like extra archived files inside the archive. I made the mistake of extracting it (because it didn't tell me it was an ISO), although once inside I recognised that it was some sort of image file. It was only when I extracted everything step by step that I found out where the ISO began and the RAR ended. Even though I know a lot about computers, building, installing, troubleshooting and virus-cleaning them, it still took a lot of effort to realise this! But that doesn't make you (or me) stupid!

I don't blame my laptop - I love my laptop! I blame WinRAR, although more than that I blame myself for not unchecking the box for ISO files when I first installed WinRAR! Rawr!!!

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Only blame my laptop cause of my mistake. On my desktop isos are associated with another program so it shows a dif icon for isos
smile.gif
I guess i will fix file association later

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea... I have enough AV/AS/etc that I don't bother worrying about most of that stuff half the time.

:S
I suppose it depends on the person though, I'll keep that in mind in the future, when downloading from others though besides the few I've tried and haven't had problems with.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originality said:
I noticed that too, how sometimes ISO files will be stored in RAR/ZIP files and will look just like extra archived files inside the archive. I made the mistake of extracting it (because it didn't tell me it was an ISO), although once inside I recognised that it was some sort of image file. It was only when I extracted everything step by step that I found out where the ISO began and the RAR ended. Even though I know a lot about computers, building, installing, troubleshooting and virus-cleaning them, it still took a lot of effort to realise this! But that doesn't make you (or me) stupid!

I don't blame my laptop - I love my laptop! I blame WinRAR, although more than that I blame myself for not unchecking the box for ISO files when I first installed WinRAR! Rawr!!!

you can all save the hassle next time by showing the file extention. so you know when its a rar/zip filr or is a iso or cso file. its very simple.

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea but displaying the file extension is a bad idea. Because then things can rename files and screw with the extension if you have it set to show. So thats why I, for instance, dont normally do that. Only if i need to change it.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i know that with vista, when you hit f2 it only highlights the name not the extention like XP, same goes for leopard. so there is no risk for me. but looks like a different story for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol