How do i load non iso/ load eboot?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by zelgadis, Jun 11, 2008.

Jun 11, 2008
  1. zelgadis
    OP

Member zelgadis GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Ok so I have the current CFW 3 what ever and have played games this whole time. Now i recently got a back up but it was not a iso or cso. When unzipped (the rar) it has a folder labeled PSP_Game and then a UMD_Data file then inside the psp game folder it has sys dir/ usr dir and a bunch of files. In sys dir or usr has eboot , etc. And all those files. I tried renaming the top folder to a short name and dumped onto the psp but it doesnt show up. What do i have to do? [​IMG]

2. Shyn

Member Shyn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sounds like you extracted the iso file. Winrar is able to extract .iso files as archives. If it is a .rar, try renaming it to .iso. If that doesn't work, use UMDGen to make a new iso file, and place the PSP_Game folder and UMD_Data.bin into the root of the new iso.

3. zelgadis
    OP

Japan
    Wow, i am stupid....... you were right lol. I feel pretty stupid for knowing so much on computers and building them. I will just blame my laptop [​IMG]

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I noticed that too, how sometimes ISO files will be stored in RAR/ZIP files and will look just like extra archived files inside the archive. I made the mistake of extracting it (because it didn't tell me it was an ISO), although once inside I recognised that it was some sort of image file. It was only when I extracted everything step by step that I found out where the ISO began and the RAR ended. Even though I know a lot about computers, building, installing, troubleshooting and virus-cleaning them, it still took a lot of effort to realise this! But that doesn't make you (or me) stupid!

I don't blame my laptop - I love my laptop! I blame WinRAR, although more than that I blame myself for not unchecking the box for ISO files when I first installed WinRAR! Rawr!!!

5. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Srsly that hard? I've never had this problem, I just "extract here" of going inside Winrar itself.

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    You sir may avoid the pitfalls that befell us, but we sir have less chance of being infected by self-extracting viruses. But no worries if you're confident in the source of your illegally pirated games ;P

7. zelgadis
    OP

Japan
    Only blame my laptop cause of my mistake. On my desktop isos are associated with another program so it shows a dif icon for isos [​IMG] I guess i will fix file association later

8. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yea... I have enough AV/AS/etc that I don't bother worrying about most of that stuff half the time.

:S
    I suppose it depends on the person though, I'll keep that in mind in the future, when downloading from others though besides the few I've tried and haven't had problems with.

9. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    you can all save the hassle next time by showing the file extention. so you know when its a rar/zip filr or is a iso or cso file. its very simple.

10. zelgadis
    OP

Japan
    Yea but displaying the file extension is a bad idea. Because then things can rename files and screw with the extension if you have it set to show. So thats why I, for instance, dont normally do that. Only if i need to change it.

11. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    well i know that with vista, when you hit f2 it only highlights the name not the extention like XP, same goes for leopard. so there is no risk for me. but looks like a different story for you.