Hacking How do I know what modchip is installed?

FlashCE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so my Wii's Japanese and it's pre-modded. How do I know what modchip is installed? Must I open it up? Do all the modchips have labels on them? Also, do the games that don't brick a Wii with Wiikey installed not be able to brick a Wii without Wiikey installed? My area sells pirated Wii games and I'd like to try them out but I don't know my modchip. Basically, if a game (without Wii Brickblocker) does not brick a Japanese Wii with Wiikey installed , then it can't brick another Japanese Wii with another modchip installed, correct?

I'm just really paranoid.

Also, is there a way to rip Wii backups onto the PC to apply Wii Brickblocker? I doubt the pirated games sold here are patched, so just in case.

Thanks in advance.

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off, try asking your seller. Not to sound mean, but when buying a piece of equipment (modchip) that may need to be upgraded down the road, its stupid not to have this information at the time of purchase, especially when its not the easiest thing to check.

If the seller can't/doesnt help, yur best bet is going to be to pop it open and look inside (unless theres a toggle switch sticking out the back of your Wii, then its probably a cyclowiz). All mod chips attach to the drive itself, so it shouldn't be hard to find. Once you've found it, start comparing it to pictures online and you should have your answer.

Regarding the bricking thing, hopefully someone else can answer that as I have an NTSC-U Wii and only play US games, so I have 0 experience with what you're asking.

(This was posted on my cell phone so sorry for any formatting or spelling errors)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1