How do I know if the charger input of my console is broken?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Pokéidiot, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Pokéidiot
    OP

Pokéidiot GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Brazil
    \n?
    Few days ago I had to twist the charger wire to charge my console, now it doesn't work anymore [not the console, the charger] (since yesterday);. I don't have any other working chargers, and I want to know if the charger input is broken before buying another charger.

2. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    I'm assuming it's the charger itself, if you have another 3DS system (or you know a friend) use your charger and see if it charges their's w/o twisting it and vise-versa, but I'm sure you'll just need a new charger from your explanation

3. d12unk13astard

d12unk13astard GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    http://www.kingbatt.com/index.php

I used one of these when I bought 1 for my son, turns out the charging port inside the unit was bad and not charging via the regular cord. This dock/charger uses a special method to charge the 3ds which is genius and way less expensive than trying to replace the real charger input or opening up the 3ds yourself.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

4. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
  5. Pokéidiot
    OP

Pokéidiot GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Brazil
    \n?
    I think it's a problem with the input itself, since the charger emits shock when I twist the wire a bit (...no voltage meter, I tested with my hands), and plugged on doesn't charge. Looked up inside, the rubber was a bit down, and when I tried to push it up it stay'd like that. I guess that the only solution is a charging base, then...

6. d12unk13astard

d12unk13astard GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    United States