Hardware How do I know if the charger input of my console is broken?

Pokéidiot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Few days ago I had to twist the charger wire to charge my console, now it doesn't work anymore [not the console, the charger] (since yesterday);. I don't have any other working chargers, and I want to know if the charger input is broken before buying another charger.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming it's the charger itself, if you have another 3DS system (or you know a friend) use your charger and see if it charges their's w/o twisting it and vise-versa, but I'm sure you'll just need a new charger from your explanation

d12unk13astard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.kingbatt.com/index.php

I used one of these when I bought 1 for my son, turns out the charging port inside the unit was bad and not charging via the regular cord. This dock/charger uses a special method to charge the 3ds which is genius and way less expensive than trying to replace the real charger input or opening up the 3ds yourself.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Pokéidiot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's a problem with the input itself, since the charger emits shock when I twist the wire a bit (...no voltage meter, I tested with my hands), and plugged on doesn't charge. Looked up inside, the rubber was a bit down, and when I tried to push it up it stay'd like that. I guess that the only solution is a charging base, then...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water