How do i know if my ps3 is cex or dex also GTA V mods?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TherealDarknes, Feb 25, 2017.

1. TherealDarknes
    OP

TherealDarknes GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    I bought a jailbroken ps3 second hand and i have no idea how to tell if it is cex or dex i plan on selling this ps3 and i would like to put a GTA V mod menu on there but neither cex or dex mod menus work so i have no idea what is going wrong here i put the sprx file in the tmp folder and i have the eboot in the gta v part what is going wrong?

2. rlobo

rlobo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    Antigua and Barbuda
    cex is for the retail units, dex is for developers if i'm not mistaken so yours is most probably cex

3. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    You can check if you got a Cex or a Dex firmware inside the "Rebug Toolbox", and if you're still on an older firmware - or not an Rebug one, just update to the lastest Rebug Firmware.
    You can even update from Dex to Cex, did the same a few weeks ago. Had to install the firmware I wanted twice, but everything worked like a charm.

4. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    oh so its inside rebug i checked and didn't see it there when i first checked guess i will have to look again also the online on this ps3 is broken so i couldn't change it if i wanted to well without the files on a usb anyways i finnally got a cex mod pack to work

also if my psid is banned would that make it so that i can't connect to any wifi?

5. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    If you got banned,you can't access the Playstation Network. You can still use Wifi.
    And to update your Firmware, you need to use an USB stick with the CFW files from the rebug.me site. If you're on an older Firmware that 4.81 - and update via the normal "System Update" you will lose your CFW.

Last edited by Zephir1991, Feb 26, 2017
  6. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Ok so it looks like the internet in my unit is broke

7. MeAndHax

MeAndHax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    Of course it doesn't work. The GTA mod menus work only on DEX for some reason. I remember I had problems with it too.
    If you plan to go online with them though, forget it, you get banned after an hour or so.

8. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    wait i checked it again and it is dex i don't get why only cex mods would work whatever not important now i have a mod menu on it and thats all i needed to sell it

9. TherealDarknes
    OP

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    wait i think i figured it out there is both lev2 whatever that is and dex and i was on lev2 oh well to late now

10. Tarquin

Tarquin Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2017
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Yeah I wanted to check if I'm dex or cex on my modded ps3 but I don't have "Rebug Toolbox" installed and when I go to download page for "Rebug Toolbox" they offer me 2 downloads for dex or cex so it's a vicious circle.