Hacking How do i know if i'm buying an original Acekard2i?

bmt0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
As topic says, i have to buy a flashcart for my brother's DSi, i've found one at a decent price in an european shop (http://www.shoxx.com/en/Gaming/DS/Linkers/Backup/13454/Nintendo-DSi-/-DS-Lite-/-DS-Acekard-2i.html [hope its ok to post links]) but now i'm hearing about this clones with AKAIO blocked so not nearly as good

So my question is, how do i spot a fake one before having it in my hands wich would probably be too late?
Thanks for any help

Ih8myPSP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy it from a trusted source. There are a few listed on gbatemp: GBATemps List or do research on the company you are looking to purchase. As far as I can tell, as im still mostly new to homebrew on DS, you can ask the company you are buying from about the tell tell signs of a clone cart and hope they give you a legit answer or you will have to wait to have it in hand.

bmt0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks for the answer, its probably the best course of action
However some people got a fake (or older "defective"? ones) even when buying from recomended shop... so i was wondering if there was any distinctive feature like in the package

Cardboard or plastic? reader included or not? Stuff like that
biggrin.gif

jameschatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have a look here for official resellers. I got mine a week or so ago from the NDX-systems, which is cheaper than the one you listed for Europe (dont think they deliver world wide)

bmt0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Was checking that list in this very moment
biggrin.gif

By the way since you got one recently... would you mind telling me how the package is? I've seen a lot of contradicting info about the cardboard box vs plastic blister

Ih8myPSP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not on the acekard list or on gbatemps but i bought mine from Simplymods.com Their customer service was excellent in answering my questions and hooking me up with a black 3in1(now out of stock, i asked they looked and they had 2 laying around). I ordered on monday, shipped tuesday, should show up tomorrow as it was in Cali(im in Washington) on Wednesday. Also they test their cards and update them to 1.4 for your dsi.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BTW, the white box is the "compact pack" (only includes the AK2i), while the blister pack is the regular pack (also includes a microSD adapter).
I recently purchased a "compact pack" AK2i, and it was a genuine HWID 81.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
BTW, the white box is the "compact pack" (only includes the AK2i), while the blister pack is the regular pack (also includes a microSD adapter).
I recently purchased a "compact pack" AK2i, and it was a genuine HWID 81.
Both versions with and without the MicroSD/ TF Card readercurrently come in the cardboard box.

There's a cardbox version with a TF reader with a cutout in the plastic insert for it. Someone posted a picture on here within the last week or two.

They do this mainly because it's easier to bulk ship them to retailers. The boxes fold flat, the plastic inserts stack inside one another, and then they ship the carts and the box stickerless to retailers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome