how do i install homebrew channel 1.0.7 on 4.3U

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jumbojack656, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Jumbojack656
    OP

Newcomer Jumbojack656 Advanced Member

United States
    i need to somehow install that version to get sneek working on my wii according to the guide im reading can anyone explain how?

2. chaosdarkneo

Member chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Use ModMii (in a sticky on this forum) to both hack your Wii and install SNEEK.

3. Jumbojack656
    OP

United States
    i have sneek installed but homebrew channel doesnt work and it said in a guide i need hbc 1.0.7 wad on real nand and exact it and replace the other homebrew channel on emulated nand then it should function but the hackmii installer 0.7 doesnt work on 4.3u so i dont kno how to get hbc 1.0.7

4. Jumbojack656
    OP

United States
  5. chaosdarkneo

Member chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Use the LetterBomb exploit to load the HackMii installer.

6. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    I thought the homebrew channel didn't work right with SNEEK/UNEEK, instead I use the homebrew filter channel. (you can get this from modmii)

7. sweenish

Member sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    that's why he's asking about 1.07, it does work.

but you're right, homebrew filter would be better. or postloader2.

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Jeez, dude...use some punctuation, will you? Not only is this hard to read, it comes over as whiny.

That aside...

First things first: you don't NEED the homebrew channel to get sneek to work. It works fine without it. If you want to load homebrew, then the homebrew filter* or postloader are better alternatives (as others said).

If you are persistent, you probably already found this guide, with the hard way of getting the HBC on your emu-nand. This will work (I've done this), but not with the latest version (you can try doing it with 1.0.8, but it'll just show the piracy warning on sneek).
    Unfortunately, team twiizers don't like people hotlinking or mirroring older versions of their channel, so if you don't have it already, it could be hard to get it. If someone would link to it, a moderator will probably edit it away upon request.

Oh, and one more thing: use showmiiwads to install those wads on your emu-nand. Or better yet: just use modmii. It's a bit harder to copy-paste your savegames and miis onto it afterwards, but at least you'll have a very good base to start with (an up-to-date, nicely configured, uncluttered emu-nand of your choice). [​IMG]

*note: I just discovered this thing recently through modmii. haven't heard much of it, which is kind of a pity, because it works very well.

9. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    At this moment, there is no real good solution for neek.
    The existing programs can only launch homebrew from sd in uneek + di and can only launch homebrew from usb in sneek + di

The homebrew channel 1.07 will say every time that it has an update available.
    The homebrew filter isn't open source either..
    My vote goes to postloader. I wanted to implement usb access for uneek in it once, but it keeps changing very fast.
    I never found the time to do it, so now my sources are outdated, and I don't want to ask Stfour for his newer work
    until I can show him some result.

10. Jumbojack656
    OP

United States
    thanks for all the input everyone. i got homebrew channel working by installing the channel with hackmii installer via letterbomb exploit. it seems to be working fine on it now thanks everyone!