Hacking How do I install gateway on 8.2 firmware 3ds?

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried following the directions given in ultra it just didn't work at all. Then I found some instructions online that had me put in the red card and then go to a website and install from there, and that seemed to work until I went to settings and there was no gateway exploit at all, so I couldn't access the games. I installed ultra on my 4.3 3ds xl with the traditional method and it worked fine. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Also, if I have to update the red card through an online exploit, will the card still work in my xl, because when I tried to do this before it made the red card not work and I had to reformat the microSD card before the games would show up again. I just want my girl to be able to play a couple games before she buys them on her system, and still be able to use it on mine. If it's as simple as changing microsd's that's fine, cause we have a bunch of those laying around and she has her own she can use. Please help!

Om a separate topic, can anyone tell me how to install shop cia games, as I have no idea and I'm too sick to read through hundreds of threads. Any help would be appreciated

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I found some instructions online that had me put in the red card and then go to a website and install from there, and that seemed to work until I went to settings and there was no gateway exploit at all

Just to make sure, you did have launcher.dat on the 3DS sd card before going to the website, right?

I don't think you need to go to settings, just go to the website, let it do its thing, then after the system comes back to your control, press select to choose the ROM. But I only used the website exploit once, just to see it, as I'm on 4.5, so maybe I'm remembering wrong.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
to install .CIA you need a title manager like bigbluemenu, devmenu or the copyright free bigredmenu
yes, the red card will always work regardless if it is on the latest version, besides, you need to update it in order to access emuNAND
can you tell me excactly what goes wrong when you try and boot the exploit?

Reactions: Margen67

BradSetzer

Trophies
XP
Basically, you only need the red cart. You put the launcher file in the root of your SD card (the one that goes in your console) and you put the roms in the micro sd that goes in the red cart. After booting up the 3DS, turn off your wireless. Then go to the internet browser. Tap on the settings (wrench) and delete your cookies and delete history. Then go to enter a url (with wireless still off) and enter "go.scmods.com". Tap go and it will give a message about no wireless connection. Tap the bookmark button to bookmark go.scmods.com and then go to where bookmarks are stored. Now turn on wireless and tap the bookmark that you just created. It will say "Error processing page" on the top screen but if all goes well, your screen will flash and you will see the gateway logo on the top screen. If it's your first time using the gateway, it will take you to the menu where you can backup NAND among other things (You can access this menu by holding the L button after the screen flashes when you go to the exploit website). I do suggest backing up your NAND as this is the only way to downgrade your 3DS system firmware if you accidentally update it... Hope this helps :P

Reactions: Margen67

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1 - Download files from gateway site (gateway zip and launcher.dat)
2 - Put the launcher.dat file on your 3ds sd card, insert the gateway red cart, boot
3 - Open your browser, clear history cookies and type the url go.gateway-3ds.com
4 - once it glitches, hold L, gateway menu opens (if you don't the cart just tries to boot straight into gateway mode). The cart will probably try to update itself, let it and if it reboots go back to 3. Choose downgrade option making sure your 3ds is fully charged and connected to a power source.
5 - after its over (takes a while), get the bluecard, cooy the blue card files inside the gateway zip you downloaded to any micro sd card, plug the sd into the gateway blue card. Then insert the blue card onto your 3ds (turn off 3ds when switching carts) and open the game (deep labyrinth I believe). Open the gateway "game", press A, wait onto it fully loads (if it doesnt try again, happened to me) , reboot.
6 - put red card back, open the system menu, go into other options - > profile - > ds profile - > bang gateway loads hold L one more time and in the gateway menu choose "format emunand", after its done reboot.
7 - That's the final step and probably the only you'll be repeating throughout your gateway lifespan since it reverts back to sysnand when you open the system menu, turn off your 3ds or close certain games. open the system menu, go into other options - > profile - > ds profile gateway loads and boots into emunand. Change your emunand theme so you can easily know where you're at.

That's it.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are a few safety measures I skipped because I think you probably wanted a straightforward guide.

Make a backup of your original sysnand before downgrading and your downgraded sysnand once you do it in case anything goes wrong, copy the "nand.bin" files from the 3ds sd card to your PC. it's also advisable to erase internet connection settings on your sysnand. In doubt, the emunand will show GW3D before the version name in the system settings menu be wary that gateway boots always back to sysnand after closing a system menu. Another thing, once you're done don't ever open data management on the settings menu when on sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.