Hacking How do I install Custom Theme CIA's on Luma3DS?

spkuja

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I've converted a number of custom themes I've made into the CIA format, but when instaling them they don't seem to show up in the theme list. Or rather, one of them might do, then if I install any others all of them vanish, including my legit purchases.

I'm running A9LH Luma 3DS version 11.0 on a New3DS XL.

I've tried to install the themes using Dev Menu, FBI and NASA.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or how to fix this would be great!

spkuja

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
Use the CHMM2 cia application https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/

That's what I use and it's very convenient :) you won't need to convert your own themes into cia.

You can find custom themes compatible with CHMM2 on 3dsthem.es or the official ones on "that iso site"

That's what I'm already using for my 3DS which works fine. The 3DS in question is my younger nephew's, so for ease of access, I felt the native theme manager would be better for him to use.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can have concurrent legit and non-legit themes together. From what I sort of understood, you can have a bundle of themes (up to 100 or so) in a single CIA file and that is installed, taking up the "slot" for where the themes should normally go. So if you had legit themes, they would all be bundled together and use said "slot". If you installed a custom theme cia that only has one theme, it would take the slot and may or may not be replaced when installing another custom theme (since there is no versioning on the CIAs from Howling Theme Tool, most likely the first theme installed would remain).

And yes, literally everything works as it should with Luma + A9LH as it would in a completely normal console. I use the native theme settings to manage what themes I use.

There should have been instructions in the HTT thread that mentions how to use the custom theme cias that pretty much simplifies to:
1) Bundle EVERY SINGLE THEME you want into a singular CIA
2) Make sure to uninstall CTR-M-HMME-00 (USA console), for the other ones, it's somewhere on the thread via BBM, FBI, etc.
3) Install the custom theme bundle CIA

Last edited by jurassicplayer,

Soccerdies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want them yo show up in the themes section you use a program called "howling"something, it will make a .CIA to install so they show up, you will have to do some work though making an icon and a .txt with the name in the folder for it to load properly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1