How do i install CTGP-7 1.4 on citra

SA1Y4N

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi when i heard that CTGP-7 1.4 added citra support I wanted to look for a tutorial but i couldn't find one can someone please help me
If you want to give a tutorial please do :)

CyberYoshi64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cyberyoshi64.github.io
XP
Country
Germany
HOW TO INSTALL CTGP-7 ON CITRA
Make sure you have a recent Citra version, for PC you will need Nightly 1823 or newer. The android version in the play store or third party builds may not have the plugin loader and not be compatible. To confirm your Citra is compatible, go to Citra Settings (Emulation -> Configure on PC or the gear icon on Android) then go to System and an option to enable the 3GX Plugin Loader should appear (no need to change it, only make sure it's there).

2. This is very important. You will need to dump the Mario Kart 7 game AND the 1.2 update AS CIA FILES from your 3DS (See sections Dumping a 3DS Game Cartridge to .CIA and Dumping an Installed Title sections in https://3ds.hacks.guide/dumping-titles-and-game-cartridges.html). After that, you will need to install them with File -> Install CIA on PC or the equivalent option on Android. If you don't do this CTGP-7 won't be able to find the game as it's not installed to the emulated 3DS. Having the game as a .3ds file WILL NOT WORK. The game should be listed in the Installed games section and should have the 1.2 update icon, as you can see in the image below.
3. Download the CTGP-7 Installer .cia and install it with File -> Install CIA on PC or the equivalent option on Android. You can use the following link to get the latest version: https://ctgp7.page.link/cia_downloader . Once it has finished installing, you can launch CTGP-7 by launching it from the Installed Titles section. If you want to access the CTGP-7 files for the MyStuff features, go to File -> Open Citra folder and go to the sdmc -> CTGP-7 folder.
- CTGP-7 Discord Server
Ypu should probably join it, should you require assistance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.