Homebrew How do I install a H&S CIA if I don't have access to FBI? + I'm back to 3DS hacking!

MegAmi24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said in the title, I'm back to 3DS Homebrew! Because I did something retarded I have to start over, but whatever.

And because of starting over, I tried to reinject FBI into H&S but I ended up getting rid of H&S on my SysNAND instead. I've been given an answer before to reinstall H&S with a CIA, but does that mean I have to install a CIA to inject a Homebrew for installing CIAs into the CIA to install more CIAs? How do I do that?

And yes, EmuNAND works just fine, except I have to format my SD card again since I moved SD cards. Everything should be there except H&S because it was deleted there too.

Last edited by MegAmi24,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? That's exactly what you should do. In this case it would be FBI.
That doesn't work cause if you read they said they deleted H&S from their nands both on sysnand and emunand. Basically they did something severely stupid and now want help fixing their stupidity.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as you are on emunand or a9lh you can do a system update to get back a deleted health and safety.
I doubt it. I have no H&S either and i updated. So it doesn't work.

If you have any nand backups with H&S i think is your only option, unless you can perform a downgrade. The H&S should be in a Full update.

From my knowledge of android and updates, they work like this. Updates only download what is required or detected as outdated. H&S is a preinstalled app that should be out of the users field of modification plus is not touched during updates. Unless you can install a CIA directly to NAND which is impossible without FBI or some CIA installer which he can't use then is not possible. It can only be gotten if you can find a full update (not partial update which the system update does in system settings). The full update would contain the H&S, otherwise use a NAND back up that has H&S in it.

Reactions: MegAmi24

MegAmi24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it. I have no H&S either and i updated. So it doesn't work.

If you have any nand backups with H&S i think is your only option, unless you can perform a downgrade. The H&S should be in a Full update.

From my knowledge of android and updates, they work like this. Updates only download what is required or detected as outdated. H&S is a preinstalled app that should be out of the users field of modification plus is not touched during updates. Unless you can install a CIA directly to NAND which is impossible without FBI or some CIA installer which he can't use then is not possible. It can only be gotten if you can find a full update (not partial update which the system update does in system settings). The full update would contain the H&S, otherwise use a NAND back up that has H&S in it.
So basically I fucked up?

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But it don't want to update to 11.0! Or do you mean use sysupdater?
Update EmuNAND to 11.0. What's the problem with that?

Also, you can install A9LH to SysNAND, then update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So basically I fucked up?
You could try doing a CTRTransfer.

Follow the A9LH guide for doing a CTRTransfer to 9.2, it should include the H&S app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/hyundai-pauses-x-ads-nazi-content-platform-rcna148414