Homebrew how do I install a gbc vc title on sysnand ?

spacelaces

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry for making a new for this, I'm still new to this place :)

So I downgraded my N3DSXL from 10.3.0.28E to 9.2.0.20E
after that I went a head to install Pastacfw, rxtools and emunand using this lengthy but spot on tutorial

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

It took forever but everything went pretty good I guess. My plan was to inject gba vc console games and I read that you need to have the .cia file installed on both sys- and emunand and have the agb_firm patched flashed to sysnand in order for it to work ? (correct me if Im wrong). I went ahead, flashed the age_firm that I generated myself from the instructions found in this thread

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

through fbi from emunand, it asked me to override the current one, I accepted and it said installation succeeded. I installed a gba vc title through fbi from emunand which successfully installed but upon launching stayed on a black screen ( this is supposed to happen I know).

So my question is how exactly do I get the gba vc title on my sysnand screen / install em to sysnand ? My sysnand is empty, I don't have anything on it (except for the stock apps that come with it), I tried injecting fbi into sysnand with this guide

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

but this only results in a broken health & safety app on sysnand ( I even went ahead and deleted fbi from emunand and re-installed it with the health & safety injection method and that worked, but didn't on sysnand).

thanks for your help everyone :)

Last edited by spacelaces,
D

Deleted User

I thought there wasn't a way to install GBA VC games on sysNAND unless you had an N3DS? I could be completely wrong about that though.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I thought you could only run GBA VC titles on emuNAND on other 3DS models.
I guess I was wrong though lol

It shouldn't make a difference; however, I could also be wrong. As far as I know, if the NANDs are unlinked they need to be installed on both in order for it to work. We're getting a bit off-topic though.

Sorry OP, I'm not really versed on injecting FBI/any app into H&S.

Reactions: Deleted User

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you haven't tried running your injected FBI H&S applet in devmode (which boots to an elevated but slightly more restricted than rx sysnand mode) or elevated (through a CFW) sysnand.
You can't run unsigned code on your 3ds without first booting a CFW to allow unsigned code to run.

Run pasta or rxtools in pasta/devmode to have access to installing through fbi and other unsigned cia in sysnand.

Last edited by jaksy,

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Given your last thread with video comparison of GBA SP (001) vs N3DS+GBA VC, I guess you succeeded. But on your video, are you running rxMode (from rxTools) or another CFW? I'm asking since I can't run GBA VC games or DSiWare titles from rxMode (whether it'd be on sysNAND or emuNAND) but can from Pasta CFW (home sysNAND) and ReiNand (home emuNAND).
How come you have a Game Boy Player splash screen? Are you using the patched v2 from "that" site?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought there wasn't a way to install GBA VC games on sysNAND unless you had an N3DS? I could be completely wrong about that though.
You are wrong I have loads of gba games on my Orig 3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Given your last thread with video comparison of GBA SP (001) vs N3DS+GBA VC, I guess you succeeded. But on your video, are you running rxMode (from rxTools) or another CFW? I'm asking since I can't run GBA VC games or DSiWare titles from rxMode (whether it'd be on sysNAND or emuNAND) but can from Pasta CFW (home sysNAND) and ReiNand (home emuNAND).
How come you have a Game Boy Player splash screen? Are you using the patched v2 from "that" site?
Does not work on latest rxTools but is fine on 2.6 that's what I use

spacelaces

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the solution is to boot into sysnand through rx tools --> advanced --> boot into pasta cfw, then run fbi through the health & safety app. You need to have the agb_firm installed on both nands aswelll as the vc games

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the solution is to boot into sysnand through rx tools --> advanced --> boot into pasta cfw, then run fbi through the health & safety app. You need to have the agb_firm installed on both nands aswelll as the vc games
I can't run GBA VC games or DSiWare titles from rxMode (whether it'd be on sysNAND or emuNAND) but can from Pasta CFW (home sysNAND) and ReiNand (home emuNAND).
So, you're not running rxMode, but Pasta Mode (which rxTools can boot). And Pasta is sysNAND only, so in your setup installing GBA games and AGB_Firm to emuNAND is pointless. If you're using CtrBootManager, I'd recommend you to have an option to boot to that 3dsx, it's less convoluted and should be more convenient.

Hmm just checked the rxtools.net website and looks like 2.6 works for both Orig and new 3ds
Actually, Roxas quit before any support to N3DS was added. First rxTools release compatible with N3DSs is 3.0 Alpha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: