How do I install a disc to the Configurable USB loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by mike10, May 19, 2010.

1. mike10
    OP

mike10 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2004
    okay So I softmodded my wii a couple of days ago and i was using a old really small external hard drive with the Configurable USB loader and I was able to install games that I own with that

now today I went out and bought a new external hard drive for my wii copied one game that was on my computer to it which works fine but I can not find the option to install a disc anywhere

On this new hard drive I left a small fat32 partition could that somehow be causing this issue

2. Dr. Clipper

Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Aug 28, 2007
    First thing's first: you can only install games to FAT or WBFS formatted drives (NTFS is read-only)

To install games in Cfg with the default setup, push + OR push - and then select Install Game.

You can map this action to any other button as well by, for example, adding button_Z = install to config.txt.

You will also need to add disable_install=0 to the end of config.txt if you have simple=1 in there. Alternatively, you can enter the unlock password before attempting install.

3. mike10
    OP

mike10 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2004
    okay thanks that worked for some reason I seem to remember seeing a install disc option on the global settings menu when I first used it a couple of days ago but I must of been mistaken

4. Dr. Clipper

Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Aug 28, 2007
    I guess you got the Global Settings and Main Menu confused

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice