Homebrew How do i install a custom theme on emuNAND without ruining menuhax?

hallowersv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried these:

Booting Menuhax into CTR Boot manager and then homebrew and then to CHMM - This installs the custom theme on sysNAND making me lose the menuhax and having to install it again by browserhax
Using homebrew loader (on emunand) to enter there to CHMM and install the theme - Same as above
Installing the CHMM cia (obviously on emunand) and installing the theme by there - Same as above

o3ds - sysNAND 9.2
- emuNAND 10.5
Currently running CakesFW

And YES, my NANDS are unlinked.

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I used good old 3ds_homemenu_extdatatool to install a custom theme on emunand. You'll need to install the hbl cia or any *hax game on your emunand unless there's a .cia version of it.

EDIT: oops meant to edit the old post, I'm losing it today! :wacko:

hallowersv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Install the homebrew launcher loader CIA on emunand.

I have tried these:

Booting Menuhax into CTR Boot manager and then homebrew and then to CHMM - This installs the custom theme on sysNAND making me lose the menuhax and having to install it again by browserhax
Using homebrew loader (on emunand) to enter there to CHMM and install the theme - Same as above
Installing the CHMM cia (obviously on emunand) and installing the theme by there - Same as above

o3ds - sysNAND 9.2
- emuNAND 10.5
Currently running CakesFW

And YES, my NANDS are unlinked.

I already did those, by using homebrew loader i mean that i have installed it and tried it

Last edited by hallowersv,

TrashyClassy

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have the same problem. Everytime I change themes in emuNAND, sysNAND has the same theme as my emuNAND and rekt menuhax. (My NANDS are unlinked btw)

hallowersv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But i can't install the theme on emunand, it only installs on sysnand and murders menuhax, but you got the same theme that you installed on both NANDS , so you'll only have to reinstall menuhax lol

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Download howling theme tool. Create your own cia of custom themes. (Upto 100). Install the CIA of custom themes on your emunand. Then just select the theme you want to use. From the home menu in emunand. That's the wee house icon with the spanner in the top left hand corner of your home menu in emunand....easy peasy....

TrashyClassy

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Download howling theme tool. Create your own cia of custom themes. (Upto 100). Install the CIA of custom themes on your emunand. Then just select the theme you want to use. From the home menu in emunand. That's the wee house icon with the spanner in the top left hand corner of your home menu in emunand....easy peasy....
Tried that, still same problem.

hallowersv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I will try this out.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Btw you use the howling theme tune on your pc..transfer The CIA to your sd card then install as usual....works like a charm ...I've been using it for months....

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
or you can delete menuhax on emunand (only possible with unlinked nands) menuhax stays on sysnand and install your themes with chmm and try to use coldboot method if you have cfw

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Omg, People, People simple answer here! Download the Howling Theme Tool (PC Needed) and just Make a .cia containing all the themes you want. Then install it with FBI or DevMenu (FBI Recommended) while on EmuNAND using FBI.cia and boom, Click the Settings Icon > Theme Options > Choose your theme (Shuffle works too). If you want to add more themes the following is 100% necessary unless you wanna fuckup your theme management info: Delete the themes from the top right corner button in the theme options menu then delete the "theme" file from System Settings > Data Management > 3DS > Addon Content (OR Extra Content). Now just install another cia containing the themes you installed last time + any new ones you wanna add.

If you cant install the cia on CakesFW get rxTools it is much better, There is a Tutorial in my sig.

If your themes are being changed on both SysNAND and EmuNAND when your changing on EmuNAND its just confirming that you didnt properly Unlink. I have a unlinking tutorial in my rxTools tutorial near the bottom of the thread content. Have a look at it.

Last edited by PRAGMA,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
or you can delete menuhax on emunand (only possible with unlinked nands) menuhax stays on sysnand and install your themes with chmm and try to use coldboot method if you have cfw
you can do this if u use chmm

Omg, People, People simple answer here! Download the Howling Theme Tool (PC Needed) and just Make a .cia containing all the themes you want. Then install it with FBI or DevMenu (FBI Recommended) while on EmuNAND using FBI.cia and boom, Click the Settings Icon > Theme Options > Choose your theme (Shuffle works too). If you want to add more themes the following is 100% necessary unless you wanna fuckup your theme management info: Delete the themes from the top right corner button in the theme options menu then delete the "theme" file from System Settings > Data Management > 3DS > Addon Content (OR Extra Content). Now just install another cia containing the themes you installed last time + any new ones you wanna add.
or this to use the system theme changer

hallowersv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed the howling thing, and i installed my cia package on emunand, the themes were showing so i could choose then, when i restarted my 3ds i tried to run menuhax and it didn't work, it killed menuhax again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself