How do I inject OoT MQ GC dump into Wii U N64 VC?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by OldGnashburg, Feb 11, 2017.

1. OldGnashburg
    OP

OldGnashburg Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    Canada
    Alberta, Canada
    I want to inject both the v.1.0 Ocarina of Time and Ocarina of Time Master Quest ROM's into my Wii U virtual console, either with loadiine or on the actual menu (preferably on the actual menu). How would I go about doing that? I've looked it up, but one or two guides say I have to dump the virtual console game and the others are only specifically for NES, SNES, GBA, or DS.

EDIT: The Master Quest ROM I'm referring to is the N64 ROM that was ripped from the GameCube Master Quest disc.

Last edited by OldGnashburg, Feb 12, 2017
  2. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    Well, I will try to get you started... but have not had much success in trying to get romhacks to work personally. Have got a few working though. This is how I did it and it worked in loadiine.

First dump you official Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time wii u vc game
    Decrypt it so you have the loadiine compatible files
    Example folders:
    Name of Game [gamecode]
    Code
    Content
    Meta

Within the content folder there is a rom folder. Within the rom folder is the rom name something funny like Unmfe0.443

(make a backup of the "Name of game' folder first so you can keep the original files in case something doesn't work)

Delete Unmfe0.443 (or whatever the rom name is) and copy in your version of the rom whether it be and rename it to the same.

put in the loadiine game folder and see if it works. If you want it to have different save file in loadiine rename the "name of game folder" and put in a different gamecode than one (use one that is not going to conflict with official games).

If it works yeah! if not, look up these two things:

Changing rom headers (try editing your rom to have the same header as the official version)

difference between .z64 and .v64 big vs little endian and how to convert n64 games between kinds. Make sure your rom is using the same type as the official one.

repacking it for USB/nand is probably doable too but have not looked at it at all.

For prettiness you can also edit some other files for changing the pictures shown; but you will also have to look that up as I just wanted a game working that I tried it on.

Loading on loadiine also seems a bit slow for me. So when you load it make sure to give it ample time before giving up. As it seems to take like a minute longer to load than games from the system menu on nand/usb.