Homebrew How do I import this save file and others like it into Dolphin Emulator?

Quadrotix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I extracted this save file from my vWii with savegame manager GX. Dolphin says it wants a data.bin file but the only bin file in there does not work. Is there any kind of converter that merges all of the files into one bin file?

Attachments

• 0001000052385050.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 296
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
You can actually import your savedata files of your Wii/vWii to Dolphin Emulator.
For do this:

FIRST WAY
  1. Open Dolphin Emulator
  2. Click in Tools > Import Wii Save...
  3. Look for the .bin file of your savedata and click in "Open"
  4. Let the savefile import, and you're ready.
SECOND WAY (only if the first one doesn't work)
  1. Open the Dolphin Emulator folder in the Documents folder, then go to Wii folder, then go to the title folder (C:/Users/[your_user]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/title/)
  2. Go (or make if it doesn't exist) to the folder with the first 8 digits of your game ID of the game you're trying to import the savefiles of your game (in your case the first 8 digits of your savefile is 00010000)
  3. Then go (or make if it doesn't exist) to the folder with the last 8 digits of your game ID of the game you're trying to import the savefiles of your game (in your case the last 8 digits of your savefile is 52385050)
  4. Now make two folders inside the current folder named with the last 8 digits of the game ID: one called content and another called data.
  5. Open the data folder
  6. Now copy ALL the savedata files (except the title.tmd file) and paste them to that folder you went for store your savedata in Dolphin.
  7. In your case, the savedata folder path for the game ID 0001000052385050 should be: C:/Users/[your_user]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/title/00010000/52385050/data/
  8. Now go to the content folder of your game savedata folder
  9. Copy the title.tmd file of your savedata files and paste it into the content folder
  10. In your case, the folder path for the title.tmd file of the game ID 0001000052385050 should be: C:/Users/[your_user]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/title/00010000/52385050/content/
  11. Now check if your Wii savedata is imported. The most easy way for check it is launching the game that you got the savedata on Dolphin or the Wii System Menu on Dolphin.
Hope this help ;)

EDIT: Added some more impotant steps, i've forgotten them, oops sorry about that :P

Last edited by SaulFabre,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
data.bin is the official method of importing saves. that's if you were on your system, and went to your saves, then transferred to an sd card. they'd be in the private/title id folder iirc. all saves done this way are named data.bin. the only saves this doesn't work with are copyright protected ones. the copy button will be greyed out, but you can get around it with priiloader iirc. it removes the restriction for any game that has that. afaik, it's not that many games though.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Forgot to say, looking for the game ID 0001000052385050 in this thread on GBAtemp (https://gbatemp.net/threads/game-ids-and-ioss.114309/post-1533108) i saw that the game is Super Paper Mario (PAL).

Since most of the time you can't get the required file title.tmd for use the savedata files in Dolphin, you need to create a new savefile to Dolphin by launching the game in Dolphin (you can dump your game or use your official game disc), then once you created a new savefile, replace that savefile with the data you got from Wii/vWii, using my previous process i told (see below).
You can actually import your savedata files of your Wii/vWii to Dolphin Emulator.
For do this:

FIRST WAY
  1. Open Dolphin Emulator
  2. Click in Tools > Import Wii Save...
  3. Look for the .bin file of your savedata and click in "Open"
  4. Let the savefile import, and you're ready.
SECOND WAY (only if the first one doesn't work)
  1. Open the Dolphin Emulator folder in the Documents folder, then go to Wii folder, then go to the title folder (C:/Users/[your_user]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/title/)
  2. Go (or make if it doesn't exist) to the folder with the first 8 digits of your game ID of the game you're trying to import the savefiles of your game (in your case the first 8 digits of your savefile is 00010000)
  3. Then go (or make if it doesn't exist) to the folder with the last 8 digits of your game ID of the game you're trying to import the savefiles of your game (in your case the last 8 digits of your savefile is 52385050)
  4. Now make two folders inside the current folder named with the last 8 digits of the game ID: one called content and another called data.
  5. Open the data folder
  6. Now copy ALL the savedata files (except the title.tmd file) and paste them to that folder you went for store your savedata in Dolphin.
  7. In your case, the savedata folder path for the game ID 0001000052385050 should be: C:/Users/[your_user]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/title/00010000/52385050/data/
  8. Now go to the content folder of your game savedata folder
  9. Copy the title.tmd file of your savedata files and paste it into the content folder
  10. In your case, the folder path for the title.tmd file of the game ID 0001000052385050 should be: C:/Users/[your_user]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/title/00010000/52385050/content/
  11. Now check if your Wii savedata is imported. The most easy way for check it is launching the game that you got the savedata on Dolphin or the Wii System Menu on Dolphin.
Hope this help ;)

EDIT: Added some more impotant steps, i've forgotten them, oops sorry about that :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM