Hacking How do I go from cIOSrev16 back to rev14?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
My friend had problems with Brawl, basically after the first battle in the story mode it cuts off and says to remove the disc and read the manual, so I updated his Wii to rev16, now he has a ton of problems with games freezing up midway through and everything, this wasn't there before, all his games except for Brawl, which btw does the same on my Wii work fine, but I have the disc version too so I don't care if the story mode doesn't work from USB Loader since I finished it long ago, the rest of the game works.

Anyway, now he seems to have spin down problems or something from what he describes, he plays all his games from a hard drive with USBLoader GX and says the music in his games stops and then they freeze up, rev14 didn't do this for him, it started yesterday when we updated to rev16.

How I go back to rev14 safely?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
awesome, thanks.
I just wanted to make sure because this guy's Wii can't do bootmii at boot2 and it's not my Wii.

So is rev16 like this for others as well? Is it spindown problems?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd try rev15 for Smash Bros. I've never played that game, but it's dual layer, and if I've been reading things right, you want rev15 for that. Keep in mind, this will probably break other stuff, so maybe keep the installers for rev15 and rev14 (or whatever rev you like best) on your SD card, so you can go back and forth.

I don't know if rev16 causes spindown problems (I would think that would be a hardware issue with the drive), but there's a whole bunch of people calling it buggy in its own thread, so maybe.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its safe to work with cios installs, they are not system related, so even if it screws up ie a power outage during install you should not encounter any problems

Tashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use hermes 222 for dual layer discs. it loads brawl no problem. the reason it freezes after the first battle is because the videos are stored on the second layer and cios has a hard time with dual layer discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    tbf I haven't been around on the last pokeflood
    did it happen?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Wasn't it Scarlet and Violet?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Dunno, I stay in the EoF.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The craze must've had died down by then.
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but...