How do I go about upgrading Emunand to newest version on Gateway ultra?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Shock2k9, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Shock2k9
    OP

Shock2k9 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2009
    United States
    I keep loading into gateway mode but every time I do that and go into settings
    3ds XL loads Sysnand of Ver 9.2.0-20U instead of GW nand what can I do since I want
    to download DLC for games and it asks me to update every time.

2. Shock2k9
    OP

Shock2k9 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2009
    United States
    I can't get into the menu where you format emunand since I already loaded into gateway mode once it loads into GW automatically

3. Romsstar

Romsstar Operation Decoded

Sep 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Press L when you launch the exploit... Seriously why people still don't know that? :/

4. Shock2k9
    OP

Shock2k9 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2009
    United States
    Because I am new

5. Shock2k9
    OP

Shock2k9 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2009
    United States
    Actually what I meant is how can I update the EMUNAND instead of SYSnand since when I load gateway mode and go into settings it changes from Gateway 3ds nand to Sysnand automatically

6. Cartman401

Cartman401 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    Have you created an emunand? If you are in Gateway mode in emunand and go into settings, it should say GW 3D before the version number. If it doesn't, then you probably aren't in gateway mode.

Note that exiting settings always takes you back to sysnand and quite gateway mode.

If you are running emunand and see GW 3D in the version number, then all you do (without exiting settings!) is a system update from the settings menu itself. But as you are not seeing that, don't do it.

Note, to get to the gateway menu when you run the exploit, either hold down L when you activate it, or just take the red card out.

7. Shock2k9
    OP

Shock2k9 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2009
    United States
    nevermind :lol:

8. Shock2k9
    OP

Shock2k9 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2009
    United States
    Formatting emunand helped me and I was able to update gateway 3d emunand and then upgrade emunand thanks to Kelton and Romstar
    mod could you close this thread?

/thread