How do I go about playing SFC games on a PAL SNES?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Shinigami Kiba, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2007
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    I don't know what type of a converter I had back when I was a kid, alll I know is that it was a one cartridge slot one and it would play anything I'd throw at it, Japanese games, US NTSC ones, never had issues booting anyhing up.

Nowadays I generally play my favorite old school games games through emulators but still every once in a while I set up the original systems and play them on hardware. The converter/adapter I have now is some pretty terrible AD-29 thing which boots only half of my games properly.
    For example I was able to run Whirlo(the japanese one whatever it's called) just fine but my SFC Kirby 3 and Hagane say they're not designed for my type of SNES/SFC whatever, it's a regional protection thing. I'm you know, glad I own these games and I don't mind THAT much being unable to play them with my current coverter since SNES emulation is 100% ...or at least it feels 100% to a casual like me, but I was wondering if I should be looking into a new converter and which brand would play anything I throw at it, like the one I had as a kid.

tbh I'd love to buy a SFC Jr. the design is absolutely gorgeous but importing a $120 system to Macedonia would cost me $80 in taxes at least so that's a no go, plus I don't know what i'd do with the difference in power and such.

I buy a lot of SFC games now, the import friendly ones since they're much cheaper and are a good way to restore my lost SNES collection. Region really is irrelevant to me as long as the game is playable and not locked behind a language barrier.
    I mean come on I got Hagane and Whirlo for practically nothing compared to their PAL prices