Hardware How do I get the netflix channel without the shop?

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo and Netflix just updated so you don't need the disc today and it's available to download on the Wii Shop Channel, I believe his question is to access the Wii Shop Channel and download it with his console hacked. I also want to know how to do this.

Posts merged

Nintendo and Netflix just updated so you don't need the disc today and it's available to download on the Wii Shop Channel, I believe his question is to access the Wii Shop Channel and download it with his console hacked. I also want to know how to do this.

nintennuendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pretzelmonitor.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
After some googling, no thanks to the peeps here at gbatemp, i found a website called wiihacks that had some actual answers.

Update the Shopping Channel to v20 [Guide]
This comes with the update released September 7, 2010. The channel now uses IOS56 and requires v5661 or v5662.

Do Not Update to 4.3.

*Works for any E/U/J Wii* *PAL//NTSC-U/ NTSC-J*

Korean Wii's - Get the Korean Version of Shopping Channel with NUSD or get it Here.

Download -- IOS56-64-v5662.rar & Shopping Channel-NUS-v20.rar

1. Extract and copy the .wad files to the wad folder on your SD card
2. Start HBC and Load Wad Manager
3. Select -- Press A --- (Or IOS36, 236, 250)
4. Nand Emulation -- Press A
5. Source -- Press A
6. Select IOS56-64-v5662.wad and Press A -- Press A again to install - Wait -
7. Select Shopping Channel-NUS-v20.wad and Press A -- Press A again to install - Wait -

Information is from here http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...-v20-guide.html

links included:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ucb92v3551dpd55 IOSs needed
http://www.mediafire.com/?gdxrwviw3b635ab Shopping Channel

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you figured it out, but it's against the forums TOS to link the wads. Might want to remove the links. People here can figure it out since the same method you use is in countless threads on the forum already.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the Netflix channel downloadable via NUSD or does it require an individual ticket like wiiware/vc games do?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had exactly the same problem: couldn't access the chop channel ( I was at 4.2U).
I run Pimp My Wii, it found a few outdated isos plus it warned me that I needed to update a specific iso in order to run the shop channel.
I updated that iso trough Pimp My Wii and then the shop channel worked again.
I downloaded the Netflix channel and it works flawlessly now.
Very easy walk in the park for me.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boondoklife said:
Is there any benefit other than a faster load time over using the usbloader/disc iso? I'm thinking I'll stick with the iso for now so I don't take up the wii memory with it.

No immediate benefit. Personally, I did ditch the iso forwarder I made using CRAP for the channel (even though the channel was more blox) because I hope they update it and it is a few seconds faster on loading... No new features from the latest disc v1.0.1 were added.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This was released. Netflix.Channel.USA.Wii-OneUp_iNT. download and install with no need for shop channel. don't ask where to download. just google it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended