How do I get the best out of my 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by spinal_cord, Jun 23, 2015.

1. spinal_cord
    OP

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    OK, I have a 3DS, which has been officially 9.2 (backed up) and is currently downgraded to 4.5.
    What is the current best configuration to get 'the best' out if it? My main concern is that I want ninjhax to work and I want an emunand to be up to date. I like the idea of injecting GBA games and backing up my carts and installing them. Also, I DON'T want to use a web exploit to switch to emunand, There is no way in hell I'm going to risk accidentally updating.

Are the above things possible at the moment?

2. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    If you own cubic ninja there isn't much point in going down to 4.5. Especially if you don't want to use web entry points
    My setup is 9.2 pasta on sysnand with 9.8 patched rxtools using cubic ninja as an entry point. Pretty simple, no problems so far

Oh and I access emunand through a web exploit, it's pretty much impossible to accidentally update, as it asks you for confirmation twice

Last edited by EmceeKerser, Jun 23, 2015
  3. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    mset + patched rxtools is the best imo.

4. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    CakesFW should meet your needs, it works with MSET and lets you choose to boot into emunand or sysnand.

5. spinal_cord
    OP

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    Can I boot cakesFW from a 9.2 mset? is at a full emunand? So I could have sysnand on 9.2 and emunand on 9.whatever?