Hacking How do I get Super Smash Brothers to work?

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After downloading many many copies of Super Smash I finally came upon what I thought was a working copy. I updated my nand to 8 with pokemon y and then up to 9 with super smash but then when i try to load the gateway the screen just goes black, and the only way i can get anything to work again is if i reformat the emunand. HELP!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
After downloading many many copies of Super Smash I finally came upon what I thought was a working copy. I updated my nand to 8 with pokemon y and then up to 9 with super smash but then when i try to load the gateway the screen just goes black, and the only way i can get anything to work again is if i reformat the emunand. HELP!
you need a bigger SD card in the 3DS, smash bros needs 1.5GB free space, so if your using a 2GB card, setting up emunand takes the available space below that, upgrade to a 4+GB SD card in the 3DS

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i upgrade to 9 it says that it's complete, it doesn't say anything about requiring more space. and the gateway simply doesn't start, it's just a blank screen, how is that an indicator that i need a bigger card? it should at least load so i can play other games, then tell me i need a bigger card when i try to play super smash. i feel your explanation doesn't make sense. i'm trying it anyway with a 32 gig card, but i just don't feel that it's going to work. also, after i reformatted the emunand and then tried to upgrade to 8 with nes ultimate mix the gateway again wouldn't start, does that need a bigger card too? is nintendo just fucking us and not making memory available on their cartridges?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
did it with a 32 gig card and the screen is just going to black
basically to run games that need 7.x encryption, emunand has to be on 7.x+....so set up emunand and update to 9.4, then 7.x games will work(this includes nes remix, smashbros etc....basically any games from the past 6 months or so), smash bros is the only game that will not work unless you have over 1GB of space available on your SD card

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
follow a guide, blindly updating will likely lead you to a updated sysnand, plenty of guides, there is even on stickied with pretty much every question you might have answered

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it. i'm gonna do the omega 2.4b install since i did a much older one before.
is it just me or am i reading correctly that gateway now supports firmware over 4.5? like firmware 6 or up? cause my girlfriend really wants to get a card but she has newer firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night