Hacking How do I get rid of the black borders on my 3ds XL, when I play Movies?

chill300

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you can help me please m8s, when I play a movie with the R4 card it doesn’t use the fill all the screen. I use a program called 4Videosoft Blu-ray to DPG Ripper to convert movies for it, is there a setting I should use alter when converting.
There is another question about the picture quality its a bit grainy and the quality it was when playing
on the Dsi XL,is there a better program to use please.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
flashcards only run in DS Mode
so you can only use a DS sized screen and the best quality a DS can do

convert the videos using the 3DS video tool, but you will have to split the video into 10min intervals IIRC

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The source video has a different aspect ratio from your DS screen, nothing to worry about, that's perfectly normal. No idea if your conversion software supports that, but your choices are basically cropping the video, that means cutting pieces off from the left and right side of the picture, so the middle fills your screen (and losing part of the picture), or stretching the picture, ultimately making it look like total crap. Pest & Cholera, IMHO, better keep those black bars.

For encoding quality, look around for BatchDPG, its highest quality setting takes a lot of time to convert, but it's the best you can get on the DS.

chill300

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you one again Pong,I couldn’t believe the quality difference on the 3ds when the same movie played so well on the DSi XL .
Is there a setting on the 3DS video tool that will give the best quality, and is the best place to download it from please.

chill300

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you Enarky ,I just didn’t know how the picture could differ between the too machines, I also use ImTOO DPG Converter ,is that ok .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.