How do I get rid of emuNAND?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by harlequin09, Nov 24, 2015.

1. harlequin09
    OP

harlequin09 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Hey, I have to send my N3DS in since the c-stick is completely unresponsive. Is it enough to format my SD to remove Reinand and MSET exploid?

2. wiiNinja

wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2009
    United States
    emuNand is a partition on your SD card. Don't send that SD card, or don't even send the SD at all if it's your c-stick that's bad.
    BTW, do you think that they may update your 3DS to the latest firmware, while they fix your hw? That would be bad.

Last edited by wiiNinja, Nov 24, 2015
  3. 0x40

0x40 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    Assuming you haven't messed with your sysnand other than for the MSET exploit, formatting sysnand should be enough. Don't send them your SD card.
    Edit: Your sysnand will be updated, so you have to get a nand mod to restore it.

Last edited by 0x40, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Xinaman

Xinaman GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2015
    Brazil
    I think they will update your NAND dude, you should pay a 3rd party repair.

5. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    They might update it as a precaution to prevent hackers. But, just test it out on a console on a lower firmware. I'll be doing the same. I have a O3DS XL on 9.8 with a broken screen. I'll send it in to see what FW I'm on.

6. rotebrotobias

rotebrotobias GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 31, 2015
    Try MiniTool Partition Wizard!

Syphurith and josamilu like this.
  7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    And just to be sure, OP, get the nand mod done after having sent it in to Nintendo :P

Man, I wonder what the Nintendo techs would think after receiving a nand modded 3DS in for repairs, lol.
    Probably deny it cause it has been tampered with so warranty is gone and they'll blame any fault in it on user damage, but they'd probably be like, O.o

Also gotta make sure you have the nand backup done beforehand and stored in a safe place. I'd keep a few copies in several different places, personally. I keep mine on dropbox :P

8. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    They will refuse to service it and in the event they do it will get updated pay someone to replace the stick and buy an official part from Ebay

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

sdformatter4 with size adjustment and full erase will remove Emunand.

9. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    Nintendo can't deny a customer's request for repair if they are able to pay for it. They can only deny if that user wanted a warranty repair

rotebrotobias likes this.
  10. harlequin09
    OP

harlequin09 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for the responses. I made a nand backup before but as suggested will not include the SD card. In case they update the firmware I'll have to mod. Anyway once I get the 3DS back (will send next week) I will write back and tell if they made a firmware update.