How do I get psx games working on 5.00m33-6

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by mrwienerdog, Jan 18, 2010.

1. mrwienerdog
    OP

mrwienerdog GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2007
    Canada
    Some of the games I get work fine (the Bandicoot's and whatnot), but not Resident Evil 3. What do I need to do? Is it popsloader? If so, which one? How is it installed?

2. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Popsloader is required for RE3. Think i used 3.40 pops to run it, else it freezes during the intro scenes.

3. mrwienerdog
    OP

Nov 1, 2007
    Canada
    Okay, great. Tell me something, is it a pain in the ass to install? I did a quick google search and couldn't see it (wasn't on the first page, anyways). Looking after the kids right now, so don't have a ton of time. Is there a tutorial on here regarding its' install?

4. megabug7

megabug7 Forum Relic

Feb 4, 2004
    London
    Not really - you just need to replace the popsloader you have (?) with the Full Popsloader 5.00m33

5. mrwienerdog
    OP

Nov 1, 2007
    Canada
    Yeah... Only I don't have a popsloader. Unless there is one included in the CFW, in which case I am a complete retard. WTF do I do here?

Apparently 39 yo=technical idiot

6. megabug7

megabug7 Forum Relic

Feb 4, 2004
    London
    Try this

(disclaimer - this is not classed as 'illegal links' if it is - it sucks beans)

7. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Look for a pre made popsloader package for 5.00 M33-6 then copy to root of memory stick, hold R when booting your PSX game and select 3.40 pops

8. mrwienerdog
    OP

Nov 1, 2007
    Canada
    As always, you guys from this community come through. Super appreciate the help!! Working great!