how do i get my original system menu back

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fst312, Jun 3, 2010.

1. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    how to get back original system menu back. i just used mymenuify to get my first ever dark wii.the last time i used a csm was when softmii came out and i just restored my my menu by installing a new one that was 3.2U at the time.now i'm 4.2U with a dark wii not bad but istill would like a copy of the original menu.as you can see i used mymenuify to get this theme installed.i know i need 00000087.app i got that from a original nand dump but i don't know what to do from there.i hope hope i'm going in the right direction.i just need to know how to create a .mym.i already searched and know to use the same program again.

2. techboy

techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    You mean that you want to remove the theme? You can do that by reinstalling the menu. DOP-Mii and MMM can do that.

EDIT: Beaten by DeadlyFoez...

3. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    just want to know if i use dop-mii will i have to reinstall my homebrew.

also thanks for the quick reply.

4. gameking66

gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    Yea, you'll have to reinstall your Wii's IOS' too.

herp derp.

5. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    simplest solution is to just install the bolded file above using mymenuify

For anyone else following this thread, make sure u install the right *.app file for your system menu (doesn't need to come from a nand dump btw)

Note: the methods listed above will also work, but this is faster and it wont uninstall priiloader (like reinstalling your system menu does)

6. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    ok here's the thing i got my old menu back with dopmii.since i seen that worked i went back to the darkwii menu.what i'm trying to figure out is how is using 00000087.app the simplest solution.when i used it in mymenuify all i get is a black screen.i used it as a .app a .csm by switching the file name and i also said why not try .mym.i believe i did it all these ways.can some one tell me how this actually works.if i need to make a file through my computer can someone tell me what other file i need besides the 00000087.app.from what i read this is the only file i should need.

7. diddy81

diddy81 Wii Theme Team

Mar 14, 2009
    you only need the 87.app file and mymenuify
    no need to rename it or anything

only thing i can think of if doing this give you a black screen is that the 87.app is a bad dump
    get a fresh one from NUSD or thememii

8. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    just got a new .87 from thememii it worked.i guess i had a bad dump after all.