How do I get my hair flat and straight?

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How do I get my hair flat and straight without using any products and without using the thing that makes your hair flat and straight.

Also my hair is naturally curly but not so much and I have like 5-8 cm(2-3.1 inches) long hair

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Nathilius said:
How do I get my hair flat and straight without using any products and without using the thing that makes your hair flat and straight.

Also my hair is naturally curly but not so much and I have like 5-8 cm(2-3.1 inches) long hair

Make it wet and comb it straight?

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll post a picture later, but I'm combing my hair backwards and sometimes I comb it sideways to the right and I use shampoo.

Right now, My hair is combed back and I'm wearing a bandana so my hair stays down. Is this a good idea?

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathilius said:
I'll post a picture later, but I'm combing my hair backwards and sometimes I comb it sideways to the right and I use shampoo.

Right now, My hair is combed back and I'm wearing a bandana so my hair stays down. Is this a good idea?
Yes. Comb it, get it straight, do whatever you do to get it how you want it and throw the bandana on overnight. You'll either want to wet it before you put the bandana on so it dries flat/straight or use a moisturizer/pomade/gel and do the same (water works just as well since you don't want to use any products). Comb/brush it a lot and make sure you wrap it up overnight/whenever you're not doing crap so it gets trained to lay more flat/straight.

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Katalyst said:
Nathilius said:

Yes. Comb it, get it straight, do whatever you do to get it how you want it and throw the bandana on overnight. You'll either want to wet it before you put the bandana on so it dries flat/straight or use a moisturizer/pomade/gel and do the same (water works just as well since you don't want to use any products). Comb/brush it a lot and make sure you wrap it up overnight/whenever you're not doing crap so it gets trained to lay more flat/straight.

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Depends on your hair type. Go to a hair salon and ask them which is the best solution. It can be through use of hair relaxers, keratin treatments (rebonding) or thermal reconditioning etc. Most of these solutions are permanent and can also damage your hair if they aren't pros.

There's also product out there to relax hair temporarily, like a hair lotion type thing.

Me, I keep my locks wavy.
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hair straighteners, they work wonders and even the toughest curls are no match for it, but on the other hand if you had black african hair like mine you would need more than straighteners to get it reasonable lol

CrystalSweet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i have fairly wavyish hair (not curly)
and i have tried practically EVERYTHING that says it will make your hair straight
nothing works, ever, like even the shampoos that say they do
so i just bought a straightner
smile.gif

its not that bad, really
it burns your head sometimes if you hold it there for long but it gets your hair so niceee and smooth
and its really simple to use, its just the best way, really quick too
well, i guess thats because im a girl, but still,
smile.gif

this is the one i have, its really good

3106WC9EDXL._AA280_.jpg

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
CrystalSweet said:
i have fairly wavyish hair (not curly)
and i have tried practically EVERYTHING that says it will make your hair straight
nothing works, ever, like even the shampoos that say they do
so i just bought a straightner
smile.gif

its not that bad, really
it burns your head sometimes if you hold it there for long but it gets your hair so niceee and smooth
and its really simple to use, its just the best way, really quick too
well, i guess thats because im a girl, but still,
smile.gif

this is the one i have, its really good

3106WC9EDXL._AA280_.jpg
Get a good one if you're buying one of these, there are a lot of chinese knock-offs of these. But these are awesome and gets the job done (until your next shampoo that is), but sure beats a blow-dryer and a comb. Feels kinda weird using this at first since you feel like it's burning your head.
LOL, I have something similar to this and a similar crimper. The crimper rocks too, I used to get a mini afro (when my hair was shorter) with it and some wax.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hair straighteners....are you guys trying to scorch his head? Remember, the OP said they've only got about 2-3 inches of hair. Hell, even a hot comb would probably burn his head with that. And they also said no products, so no relaxers (or even hair moisturizers/lotions). Like I said, your best bet without using any products (aside from water that is
tongue.gif
) is to do what I said earlier and start training your hair to lay more flat/straight. It'll take some time and dedication (assuming you're looking for a longer-than-temporary solution) since you wouldn't be getting any help from hair products. You'll most likely never get it to grow completely straight (hence I said 'more') but it's better than having a briarpatch lookin' doo.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Insert finger into electrical socket.

Hey...they didn't say which direction straight they wanted their hair =)
Straight Up is a direction. But i read now....flat...bah!

I really have nothing to add to this since I have lived with curly hair all my life. The type of curly hair where old ladies ask me everyday if
A. it is real (people have really thought I have a wig)
B. If it is natural (people think I would get a perm??)
C. If I will donate it.
D. If I will donate it to them.

You don't even know how uncomfortable it is to have some little old lady patting you with a far off look in their eye....*creeps*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling