Hacking How do I get Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Metroid Prime to work?

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched the forums and I saw a few different ways to make this work, but I'm not sure which one to do.

I use DVD loading with NeoGamma, I think I have cIOS rev 9 but I'm not sure.

With Mortal Kombat right after the controller scheme screen appears, all I get is a frozen black screen and with Metroid Prime my Wii reboots after I pick a save file.

Help would be appreciated, thanks~

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those both need to be either patched to run on IOS249 with IOS Version Patcher, or you need to have a cIOScorp install to run them from the disc channel.

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything else I can do besides patching the DVDs? I don't have access to a DVD burner atm and I don't want to install cioscorp. Any other possibilities?

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks. I'll patch the games and load them. My one problem though, is that my friend has the same Metroid Prime DVD as me, and he is able to load it on his Wii. Does he have something installed that I don't that's allowing him to get it to work? I don't believe he has cioscorp installed...so I wonder what it could be?

And would getting the latest cIOS rev help at all?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tranquil said:
Ok, thanks. I'll patch the games and load them. My one problem though, is that my friend has the same Metroid Prime DVD as me, and he is able to load it on his Wii. Does he have something installed that I don't that's allowing him to get it to work? I don't believe he has cioscorp installed...so I wonder what it could be?

And would getting the latest cIOS rev help at all?

Well, according to the compatibility list....

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v

" Use IOS Version Patcher to change IOS to 249 if having rebooting problems or Green Screen, or use cIOSCORP to boot from Disc Channel "

So I suppose it could be a selective thing. I don't have the game myself so I'm not entirely sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple