Hacking How do I get GB/GBC/GBA, NES/SNES emulators and games on PSP-3000

zaney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there

I've finally decided to buy a PSP-3000 mainly for emulation.
But I want to be ready for when i receive it, so I have a few questions.

Firstly I'm gonna follow Rydians hack guide: http://gbatemp.net/t...-hack-your-psp/
And I'm guessing I'm gonna go for the 6.20 since there doesn't seems to be any perks of the 6.60

and I'll of cause have a Memory Stick PRO Duo.

I'm gonna get the emulators from here: http://wiki.gbatemp....mulation_on_PSP
But where exactly do I put them on the Memory Stick?
Also where do I put the games for each emulator? And can they be .zip format, or do they have to be unpacked?

And is it possible to run download PSP games from the Memory Stick?
I figured since I'm getting a PSP I might as well try some of the games out,
is this something I can do easily?

Thanks in advance

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators go on the memory stick like this:
root:/PSP/GAME/[name of emulator folder]/eboot.pbp

The eboot is basically the .exe of the PSP world.
There will usually be a "rom" folder in each emulator download, they go in there. Some emulators support .zip, others don't.

You can run PSP games from the memory stick. Just put the .iso files into root:/ISO/
If there isn't already an ISO folder on the root of the memory stick, you can just create one.

When everything is in the right place, they show up in the PSP menu like any other PSN game, ready to be played!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you're buying a new 3000 you'll have 6.60 and might not be able to downgrade to 6.20.

Some emulators support zipped ROMs, but it's easier in pretty much all cases to leave your ROMs unzipped. A zipped ROM can't be loaded, so what emulators either do is unzip it to RAM (longer loading times and more RAM used), or unzip a temporary copy to the memory card to work with anyways.

zaney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Emulators go on the memory stick like this:
root:/PSP/GAME/[name of emulator folder]/eboot.pbp

The eboot is basically the .exe of the PSP world.
There will usually be a "rom" folder in each emulator download, they go in there. Some emulators support .zip, others don't.

You can run PSP games from the memory stick. Just put the .iso files into root:/ISO/
If there isn't already an ISO folder on the root of the memory stick, you can just create one.

When everything is in the right place, they show up in the PSP menu like any other PSN game, ready to be played!

Thank you so much for this very simple explanation, can't wait to get started.

If you're buying a new 3000 you'll have 6.60 and might not be able to downgrade to 6.20.

Some emulators support zipped ROMs, but it's easier in pretty much all cases to leave your ROMs unzipped. A zipped ROM can't be loaded, so what emulators either do is unzip it to RAM (longer loading times and more RAM used), or unzip a temporary copy to the memory card to work with anyways.

Were I live the PSP-3000 is not being sold by any retailer or online shop, hell you can't even buy a new PSP Go, only the PSP-E1000 is being sold as new.
So I'm getting a used 1.5+ year old PSP, so I don't think it'll be an issue.
Thanks I'll unzip my roms then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.