How do I get filters to work on VBA?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Goofy Time, Feb 16, 2007.

Feb 16, 2007
  1. Goofy Time
    OP

Member Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Long story short, no matter what the hell I do, when I enable some filter, it just doesn't work at all. I have no clue if I have to enable something in the VBA's .ini or something, so if someone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Some of the filters are fairly subtle but you should definitely notice thing like super sai and eagle.

First things first find a rendering method that works for you, hit options -> video and start with directdraw. Assuming your card and drivers take it try direct3d and/or opengl (my old laptop did not agree at all with some and required the screen to be reset before displaying again but that was about 2 and a half years ago)
    After that hit options filter and simply click on the filter(s) you want.

Oh and kode54s VBA builds are pretty good for this sort of thing:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36154&hl=

3. Goofy Time
    OP

Member Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, I've had it on that, but no filters are working, not even the two you mentioned. It CAN enable them, but they seem to alter absolutely nothing. It's like all of them just simply different in name, not in video quality.

Also, that link appears to have a invalid link to download it and stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind. That version SORT OF WORKS. LCD screen works, but the filters still do not. What the shit is the problem here?

4. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    If you're using it at 1x the size of a normal GBA, the filter's don't do anything. Make the window nice and big and then play around (if you haven't already).

5. 398

398 Newbie