Hacking How do I get a EZFlash 3in1 to work with my R4DS?

andyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to bookmark a site I found some info on but now having difficulty finding what I need to patch the ezflash cart to work properly with my r4ds. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction?

andyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if I want to use NDStation, it stand alone? I just tried it out and I got a black screen after it was loaded. I don't have anything else added besides having EZFlash in the slot

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, you'll need to SRAM patch the GBA games so that they can save on the 3-in-1. Use GBATA for this.

Second, you'll need a program to transfer the games and saves to and from the 3-in-1. I use Rudolph's 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool myself, but NDStation will also work. If you only want to run games from NOR, GBALdr is a good choice.

andyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! Got it working.

Should I assume that if the patch button is grayed out in gbata that the patch is unnecessary?

andyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool. One last thing
smile.gif

Is there no way to get it to play on the bottom screen? Doesn't seem like there is an option to do so

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool. One last thing
smile.gif

Is there no way to get it to play on the bottom screen? Doesn't seem like there is an option to do so

That option is in the NDS firmware itself. Take out your R4 and boot up your DS. Go to the options and look for GBA section. I personally like it on the bottom too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa now has two children