ROM Hack How do I get a .cia converted to a .3ds file working for gateway?

desrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a couple converters and tried them, but when I load up the gateway menu, there's no game icon (it's blank), although it is selectable- it doesn't load (nothing happens), file size is the same after the cmmnd function spits out the .3ds file, am I missing a step here? Do I need to encrypt the file or something?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found a couple converters and tried them, but when I load up the gateway menu, there's no game icon (it's blank), although it is selectable- it doesn't load (nothing happens), file size is the same after the cmmnd function spits out the .3ds file, am I missing a step here? Do I need to encrypt the file or something?
Gateway is pointless
I suggest you cfw your 3ds with
3ds.hacks.guide

Reactions: Hayato213

desrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway is pointless
I suggest you cfw your 3ds with
3ds.hacks.guide
I would if I could, tried switching to luma a year or so ago and got stuck on one of the steps with no clear indication of why it's stopping there, and at this point im just trying to get Persona Q2 working for gateway as it's the last 3ds game i'll want to play, so i dont need to switch.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would if I could, tried switching to luma a year or so ago and got stuck on one of the steps with no clear indication of why it's stopping there, and at this point im just trying to get Persona Q2 working for gateway as it's the last 3ds game i'll want to play, so i dont need to switch.
You should try again with cfw
Gateway isn't supported no more

desrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's fine, I know there's a way to convert .cias to work in .3ds format for gateway, i just need to know the method of conversion, all the steps, etc, please don't try to advise me to switch, i'm looking for a proper answer here

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine, I know there's a way to convert .cias to work in .3ds format for gateway, i just need to know the method of conversion, all the steps, etc, please don't try to advise me to switch, i'm looking for a proper answer here
CFW your 3ds

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I would advise either borrowing a cartridge to dump it into a 3DS file or installing the game on your console (you can get FBI in 3ds form).

What firmware is your console? It might be too low to play the game.

desrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would advise either borrowing a cartridge to dump it into a 3DS file or installing the game on your console (you can get FBI in 3ds form).

What firmware is your console? It might be too low to play the game.
my console is spoofed once I enter GW mode, and i've tried installing the .cia of it (Persona Q2 usa, was leaked), but I got an installation error, meaning it's not properly formatted to work with gateway.

Last edited by desrone2,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
my console is spoofed once I enter GW mode, and i've tried installing the .cia of it (Persona Q2 usa, was leaked), but I got an installation error, meaning it's not properly formatted to work with gateway.
What do you mean by spoofed? It shouldn't have to be properly formatted for Gateway, Gateway is just a CFW like Luma that will have sig patches built in.

Your problem is probably that your firmware is too low to play it, if you're trying to play a newly released game. If by "spoofing" you mean your console is really at 11.2 and you've spoofed the version string that shows in Settings, you'll still be missing the function calls that the game may rely on that are in a higher firmware version.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

desrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean by spoofed? It shouldn't have to be properly formatted for Gateway, Gateway is just a CFW like Luma that will have sig patches built in.

Your problem is probably that your firmware is too low to play it, if you're trying to play a newly released game. If by "spoofing" you mean your console is really at 11.2 and you've spoofed the version string that shows in Settings, you'll still be missing the function calls that the game may rely on that are in a higher firmware version.
Hmm, perhaps, but usually i've had to wait for someone to make them work for gateway since the official support was dropped, so I'm wondering if there's still a method to convert it while still making it work

RapAce

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
if you want to install a CIA in Gateway use Godmode9 to encrypt CIA and install in Gateway Emunand using FBI.If it does not work there is another more complex method I know that should do the trick.As for converting .cia to .3ds I am also looking for a reliable converter for that.
There is also a way to update gateway 3ds to 11.11.0-43

bloodfalco

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmm, perhaps, but usually i've had to wait for someone to make them work for gateway since the official support was dropped, so I'm wondering if there's still a method to convert it while still making it work

both @desrone2 and @RapAce

Do you find a reliable way to convert .cia to .3ds bro? I am also looking for a way for it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: "least tried"