purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you use windows I think you can format by just going to the microsd drive on your computer and right clicking and then choose format.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MUDjoe2 said:
Yes, but the Windows formatter slows down micro SD performance terribly. You're much better off using the Panasonic formatter.
I didn't know that. Never noticed any difference in my cards performance though. However I am going to reformat my cards now with panasonic formatter.

MUDjoe2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mudjoe2.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Can't comment on that, I only own an AK2.1.
frown.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Advice Dog said:
N1nt3nd0gam3r said:
thanks guys wut do i format it to tho?
idk, FAT, FAT32, either one will work.

anything under 2gb can be fat or fat32, but fat is designed for smaller devices and will give you better performance. anything over 4gb on an sdhc card requires fat32. fat does not support any media over 2gb.

again there is more info in the akaio wiki. see the FAQ section.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocati...ble#Final_FAT16

QUOTE said:
In 1988 the improvement became more generally available through MS-DOS 4.0 and OS/2 1.1. The limit on partition size was dictated by the 8-bit signed count of sectors per cluster, which had a maximum power-of-two value of 64. With the standard hard disk sector size of 512 bytes, this gives a maximum of 32 KB clusters, thereby fixing the "definitive" limit for the FAT16 partition size at 2 gigabytes. On magneto-optical media, which can have 1 or 2 KB sectors, the limit is proportionally greater.

i'm not saying that wiki articles are always correct by quoting that. i do believe if you use the 64k clusters you can format a 4gb drive with fat16. i am way to lazy to do the math to see if that statement is correct, tho.

-another world

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocati...ble#Final_FAT16

QUOTE said:
In 1988 the improvement became more generally available through MS-DOS 4.0 and OS/2 1.1. The limit on partition size was dictated by the 8-bit signed count of sectors per cluster, which had a maximum power-of-two value of 64. With the standard hard disk sector size of 512 bytes, this gives a maximum of 32 KB clusters, thereby fixing the "definitive" limit for the FAT16 partition size at 2 gigabytes. On magneto-optical media, which can have 1 or 2 KB sectors, the limit is proportionally greater.

i'm nizzot saying that wiki articles are always corrizzect by quoting thizzat. i do believe if you use the 64k clizzusters you cizzan format a 4gb drizzive with fat16. i am way to lizzazy to dizzoo the math to see if that statement is correct, tho.

-another world

i tried that 64 cluster way, and it worked to formatt my 4gig to fat16...but the panasonic formatter will do a much better job of getting yer SDHC going optimally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: