How do I fix the GBA border

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by War, Nov 10, 2007.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I tried searching for this, but nothing came up... is there any way to get rid of the ugly GBA border that you get when using Rudolph's Tool?

Thank you!

2. Talaria

Talaria ...

Jan 31, 2007
    New Zealand
    Not sure on Rudolphs tool, but I suggest using NDStation as you can use your own GBA border. Although 1.1 has graphical glitches with them not sure on 1.21.

But this program runs differently then Rudolphs Tool. As it is just a PC application which patches and makes the GBA file a NDS file so you can select it straight from your card. It then just writes it to the 3 in 1 once you select it and backups the previous save from the 3 in 1.

Look here

Edit: I have never actually used Rudolphs Tool as NDStation seemed more fluid for me.

3. myuusmeow

myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    The gbaframe.bmp is in your _system_ folder. (Or whatever it is called.)

Delete it to not have a border.

@Talaria: Only thing save related I have done with Rudolph's Tool was SRAM patching. I never had to backup or write manually.

4. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Yeah, I've heard of NDStation, but it seems like a pain to convert everything. :\ And honestly, Rudolph's Tool works excellent.

@myuusmeow: I heard that if you delete it like that, the border goes away, but it's replaced with a constant flashing black and white seizure border >__> Is it true?

5. Guzzie

Guzzie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2007
    Just edit the image with black if it bothers you.

6. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    I believe this only occurs on cards with crappy homebrew support (eg. G6R 2GB)

7. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    That only happened in the first version of the 3in1 ExpPack Tool that supported GBA frames. It was fixed a long time ago.

8. Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2005
    Hmm, is there ANY way to scale (stretch) the GBA to full DS screen, so i can play gba games on DS full screen (without black borders)?

9. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    When you boot the DS into GBA mode, the additional resolution becomes locked out along with the rest of the DS-specific features. So no, you can't scale the screen, and honestly even if you could it would look horrible since you're only scaling up by such a small amount.

To be honest I'm not sure how they get the border to survive the boot into GBA mode, but I'm sure it's a static thing that can't be changed once the GBA game has started.