1. CaitlinL13579

OP CaitlinL13579 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Everytime I try to start the action replay up on the Wii menu’s disc channel, and click start, it resets the whole system. How do I fix this? Or is it possible it could just be a faulty disc?

Thanks in advance!

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    it's really the action replay, or the region free disc?
    I remember nintendo patched and prevented the use of the datel disc since system menu 3.2 because it allowed piracy.
    maybe (certainly) if the Action replay disc is from Datel it's using the same boot code than region free disc and is blocked since v3.2

edit: it was 3.3

Last edited by Cyan, Jul 14, 2018
  3. CaitlinL13579

OP CaitlinL13579 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    It’s the action replay disc, the newer one with preloaded codes, and it’s for use on US consoles. I just checked my Wii Settings and it’s v4.3, which is probably why it doesn’t work, but I was also in the process of modding my Wii with Homebrew. Do you know if there is a way the action replay disc will function with Homebrew to actually start up, or am I better off just selling it?

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    you could launch the action replay disc with an USB loader instead of using the disc channel, but I don't know if it will detect disc change and reloading to the other game properly.
    or maybe try another loader (tinyload, wiilauncher, or GeckoOS) instead of the usual ones (usbloadergx, wiiflow, cfg loader)

Last edited by Cyan, Jul 14, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GameCube, problem, updated