Gaming How do i find the free eShop games?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used games are a good start if you're broke. Depending on where you live, you may be lucky enough to have an independent used game store as well as Gamestop/EB/Whatever. If there's a version of Craigslist, try that as well.

Don't forget that your 3DS still plays DS games. So it may not be the latest and greatest, but there are a lot of cheap and good DS games, especially used. (Except Pokemon. Those games never get really cheap.)

As for digital, you're probably screwed for the time being. Aside from the new version of Flipnote, I don't think there are going to be many free games on the eShop. But there are some web browser games that can be played, so try those in the meantime.

Metab.

Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Used games are a good start if you're broke. Depending on where you live, you may be lucky enough to have an independent used game store as well as Gamestop/EB/Whatever. If there's a version of Craigslist, try that as well.

Don't forget that your 3DS still plays DS games. So it may not be the latest and greatest, but there are a lot of cheap and good DS games, especially used. (Except Pokemon. Those games never get really cheap.)

As for digital, you're probably screwed for the time being. Aside from the new version of Flipnote, I don't think there are going to be many free games on the eShop. But there are some web browser games that can be played, so try those in the meantime.
Thanks for the tips bro.
And what browser games?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what do you expect everyone to be able to afford things, believe it or not but a lot of people are struggling financially and cant afford games and get lucky enough to be able to get the system alone

Well the system is kind of pointless if you don't have games now isn't it? Would have been better off to take the 3DS money, get a DS lite or something and a flashcard.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips bro.
And what browser games?
I believe if you search the forums there is a thread for them. I'm reasonably sure Kingdom of Loathing works in the browser, as well as Soulxchange.

If you try soulxchange, though...be warned that the community has been together for years, and may take some getting used to. There is a link in my signature if you wish to look.

noob killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the system is kind of pointless if you don't have games now isn't it? Would have been better off to take the 3DS money, get a DS lite or something and a flashcard.
well im just saying, also if you have friends and they have games then perhaps borrow it or them, and also the download play feature. and yes a ds light or phat would be a good alternative but not nearly as good as a 3ds in the game comparison especially since the 3ds plays ds games and you can save cash for buying games down the line

oh just noticed the flash card part, the 3ds uses those as well...

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe if you search the forums there is a thread for them. I'm reasonably sure Kingdom of Loathing works in the browser, as well as Soulxchange.

If you try soulxchange, though...be warned that the community has been together for years, and may take some getting used to. There is a link in my signature if you wish to look.
Thank you, how can i find the thread? Not even sure what to search for.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Here's what I do...I get amazon gift cards through a survey site I'm affiliated with, that way I got my 3ds for free (no money out of my own pockets) along with a carrying case, screen protector and nyko power pak. And just recently I ordered 3 3DS games (1 still on the way) using the same method. I don't plan on spending shit out of my own pockets, and I should be able to preorder the next pokemon and get w/e else with no problem...

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's what I do...I get amazon gift cards through a survey site I'm affiliated with, that way I got my 3ds for free (no money out of my own pockets) along with a carrying case, screen protector and nyko power pak. And just recently I ordered 3 3DS games (1 still on the way) using the same method. I don't plan on spending shit out of my own pockets, and I should be able to preorder the next pokemon and get w/e else with no problem...
I dont see a link, mind linking me?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yay for pyramid schemes! :D

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metab, i think it's about time for you to get a job so you can buy games. you should have bought a american 3ds so you can buy games for far less cheap than in australia. the games also release first before european version

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Go have a look around. You should be able to get some great games really cheap. Street fighter 3D, Rayman, Dead or alive and a load more usually go for about £5-£10 a pop here in the UK.

Limited budget? You gotta learn the tricks to get all you want. Gumtree, ebay and so on are blessings, but in the UK we have hotukdeals. A deal submission site. It's the best thing ever.

Raid your local pawnshops too :)
Like Alan said, I too have a limited budget but I've managed to build a small collection of games so far. And if you're lucky, you can find good deals at the sites he mentioned. I got Super Mario 3D Land, which is old but STILL goes for $40 used, for $30 on Amazon, new. Street Fighter IV, $10, like new. And if you register your games on Club Nintendo, usually earning 40+ coins a pop, you can exchange the coins you get for 3DS downloads, most are around 150 coins. So far I've gotten 3D Classics Kid Icarus and VC Metroid II: Return of Samus, just for registering games I'd bought.

If you shop specialty stores or retailers, ask about their membership or rewards programs. I joined GameStop's Power Rewards when I got my 3DS, and I get points for every purchase. Granted, it's a paid membership (and you do need a LOT to exchange points for anything), but they email me promos and coupons all the time. I got two used 3DS games with a third one free. And those used games? They had the Club Nintendo inserts still, unused. :P

Reactions: AlanWeird

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Metab, i think it's about time for you to get a job so you can buy games. you should have bought a american 3ds so you can buy games for far less cheap than in australia. the games also release first before european version
Though I think shipping will almost nullify the savings. And then there is the waiting time and all LOL

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he can counter that by buying many games in bulk to save on shipping. ALSO don't forget there are full retail games on the eshop that he could get too if he got a american 3ds

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't get a 3DS so saying that isn't exactly going to help.
Probably going to have a look at pawnshops n shit, thanks for all the help guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference