How do i find out what version and mod Wii i have??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fishox, Jul 21, 2009.

1. fishox
    OP

Newcomer fishox Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I have had my Wii modified by a friend but i am having trouble with newer backups. (friend has disappeared)
    It uses wiigator as the back-up launcher.
    Is this an out of date homebrew? How do i find out what version (3.2etc...) my Wii is???

Cheers
    Fishox

2. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I really don't know that there's an out of date homebrew. Why you just go the Wii settings, then System Settings on right to check your Wii Menu version.

3. OtakuGamerZ

Member OtakuGamerZ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That homebrew is kinda old. I recommend you get the NeoGamma R6 as your Backup loader for disks. Make sure you have the newest cIOS. I think the newest is cIOS 38 rev 13b. If discs are annoying you in general then find a HDD, flashdrive, thumbdrive, ect... and try a USBLoader. I recommend the Configurable USB Loader.

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    cIOS rev13a should work better than rev13b. So first just try using that NeoGamma R6 linked above and if something still doesn't work then update your cIOS to rev13a by googling Waninkoko's cIOS rev13 installer and renaming the .dol file you get from it to boot.dol and run it through the HBC, select IOS249 to use and do a network installation instead of a wad installation.

If something still doesn't work you are probably missing some IOS's and should just update to 4.1, preferably by running Waninkoko's 4.1 updater app through the HBC.

5. djda

Member djda GBAtemp Regular

Barbados