Hardware How do I find my 3ds IP

D

Deleted-236924

Its local network IP?
If you can access your router's settings (only need access to view) you should be able to see a list of every device connected to it with their local IPs.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its local network IP?
If you can access your router's settings (only need access to view) you should be able to see a list of every device connected to it with their local IPs.
I do not have permission to access my router though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or just slapped that thing open, go to the browser and search in Google: " What's my IP ". You'll get it quickly.
It doesn't have a browser

D

Deleted-236924

nmap should be able to do what you need.

Depending on if your network has any weird special setup you should be able to do ipconfig /all to find your computer's local IP, then run (example) nmap -sP 192.168.15.* to view all devices on that subnet.
You get the subnet from ipconfig /all. Get the local address for your computer, *generally* the first 3 will be the subnet and the 3DS will most likely be on the same subnet. So let's say your computer's local IP is 192.168.0.105, you would do nmap -sP 192.168.0.*

You get nmap here

There can be some complicated network setup depending on who set up the network (for example here we use 10.2.245.* for our local network but also 10.2.21.* and I'm not sure what dictates which devices are on which network :/ my computer is on 10.2.245.* while my 3DS is on 10.2.21.*)

Connectify Hotspot MAX can also connect devices to the LAN by bridging the connection and directly shows you their IP on the network, but that costs real money dollars, so...

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Deleted User

protomouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Find the subnet mask and IP address using "ipconfig /all"

2. Calculate the broadcast address for your subnet. It's always the last address, so if your computer's IP is 192.168.0.56 and your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, the broadcast address is 192.168.0.255.

3. Ping the broadcast address.

4. Find the 3DS MAC address in Internet Settings.

5. Check the ARP cache using "arp -a" and locate the 3DS MAC.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just slapped that thing open, go to the browser and search in Google: " What's my IP ". You'll get it quickly.

hahahahah, that won't work, that will give you your WAN IP of your ROUTER not the LAN IP of the 3ds!

as mentioned above check the ARP cache.

So the way you might have to do this is go to a windows computer,

run CMD from the run option under start

at the command prompt type arp -a

of the lists look for the MAC address of your 3ds (you can find the MAC address in your system network settings)

match the MAC address to the IP.

see here:
https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/23736-find-an-ip-address-from-a-known-mac-address

Why do you need your IP anyway?

Last edited by gallymimu,
D

Deleted-236924

For some reason when I looked this stuff up I thought arp was a linux only thing haha
That looks a whole lot easier than the method I described.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahahahah, that won't work, that will give you your WAN IP of your ROUTER not the LAN IP of the 3ds!

as mentioned above check the ARP cache.

So the way you might have to do this is go to a windows computer,

run CMD from the run option under start

at the command prompt type arp -a

of the lists look for the MAC address of your 3ds (you can find the MAC address in your system network settings)

match the MAC address to the IP.

see here:
https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/23736-find-an-ip-address-from-a-known-mac-address

Why do you need your IP anyway?
So I can connect to ntr debugger

1. Find the subnet mask and IP address using "ipconfig /all"

2. Calculate the broadcast address for your subnet. It's always the last address, so if your computer's IP is 192.168.0.56 and your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, the broadcast address is 192.168.0.255.

3. Ping the broadcast address.

4. Find the 3DS MAC address in Internet Settings.

5. Check the ARP cache using "arp -a" and locate the 3DS MAC.

So my ip ends in 168.1

I tried your method byt when I ping 000.000.1.255 I get request timed out (replacing the first 6 with 0's for reasons

My 3ds mac address isn't even showing up on my computer with arp -a

So I think I found it but how do I do listprocess. It look like I need python installed. Anyone know if it is two or 3?

Last triple post lol. So I found my ip. I have ironpython installed but I still get some connect error

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doing the forest for the trees thing can't you just set a static IP? Get on your PC and find its IP, subnet and gateway (read the status, get an idea of the DHCP range from that (do you have more than 30 devices on the network? If so then add 30 to the IP of your PC) and set things accordingly on your 3ds.

On the "that will give you your WAN IP of your ROUTER not the LAN IP" stuff there are a few things that would leak that. Most of the time though such things did want flash, java or activex though.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing the forest for the trees thing can't you just set a static IP? Get on your PC and find its IP, subnet and gateway (read the status, get an idea of the DHCP range from that (do you have more than 30 devices on the network? If so then add 30 to the IP of your PC) and set things accordingly on your 3ds.

On the "that will give you your WAN IP of your ROUTER not the LAN IP" stuff there are a few things that would leak that. Most of the time though such things did want flash, java or activex though.
I found out how. However, now when I type listproccess() in the ntr debugger I get it returning null instead of the ac or what ever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended