Hacking How do i find an installer to install my modchip??

rasheemo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i drove myself CRAZY trying to solder the wiikey and almost destroyed my wii. right now theres a mess of solder connecting random points and i dont want to do anythng else to it.

thankfully the wii still works and ive been keeping myself occupied with metroid prime 3, but i really want to get this done!

how do i find someone to solder it for me? =[

i live in wayne, NJ

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
craigslist. google. you may have f'ed yourself right good though if it's as bad as you say with solder connecting various legs to each other.

rasheemo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i have some solder connect the a, b, c points but it can easily be disconnected with desoldering equipment (that i dont have).

should i just search "solder" on google locals or something? thanks again

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Relevant desoldering equipment: soldering iron and a $3 chunk of desoldering braid (wick).

Wii chips are relatively simple to do, even the D2C wouldn't be all that tough after doing a bunch of PSP chips (those need pin point precision and magnification to do), though I haven't had to deal with a D2C myself as of yet I usually solder right to the legs of the main chip on the PS2's which is no bigger pitched than the drive chips.

I'm surprised it's not easier to find an in-state installer, though I guess with recent crack downs in the USA installers are disappearing (rightfully so, who really wants their homes raided to help a few non-solder capable people out), and I suspect come the new year some new laws will come to Canada as well. A right PITA sending stuff across the border to Canada, with customs on anything over $20 goods, customs holding packages for up to 2 weeks, and the lack of international insurance when using most reasonably priced and reliable shipping methods.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where are you from rasheemo? I will actually search your areas craigslist for you and bet you 5 internets i find someone that does modchip installation
tongue.gif

DBB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i can't find anyone in the manhattan area either on craigslist, it's funny because i actually got my wiikey there.

rasheemo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was going to send it to phuong mods but after listing a request on craigslist i found someone to do it for 20 bucks
biggrin.gif

he lives 40 minutes from me but its worth the drive.
i live in wayne, NJ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.